Search the forum,

Discuss Vsmart controls ebus line in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi everyone,

Fitting a combi tomorrow and have gone for the vsmart controls (vaillant)

Having a nosy through the instructions now so I look like a pro on the job in front of the customer.

I have a mains adapter for the 'communication unit' but it is saying about connecting ebus line from the unit to the boiler.

This doesn't look as though its included, it looks from the instructions like the type of cable used for dolls house lighting.

Anyway can someone confirm what cable I need for this connection please.

Many thanks

Also I am fitting a ecofit pure 835, first one for me. Are they any good, anything to look out for that might catch me out?

any 2 core cable should be fine, did one last week
Get them to download the app and register etc asap so you are not faffing about
I havent fitted any pure, they look a bit cheap and nasty

I usually, take the 3 core as I don’t have 2 but as Scott has mentioned above either 2 or 3 will work.easy to install but takes a bit of time to explain to the customer. Simply from the ebbs connection to the receiver and from receiver with 230 volt plug which is supplied.

any 2 core cable should be fine, did one last week
Get them to download the app and register etc asap so you are not faffing about
I havent fitted any pure, they look a bit cheap and nasty
Ecotec pure is apprantly not made by Vaillant itself but by the sister company they bought. I assume it was heatline. These boiler aren’t as good equivalent to baxi or biasi. I Wouldn’t try to fit anything lower than the pro. Best of just plus and exclusive. Or viessman is great too.

Ecotec pure is apprantly not made by Vaillant itself but by the sister company they bought. I assume it was heatline. These boiler aren’t as good equivalent to baxi or biasi. I Wouldn’t try to fit anything lower than the pro. Best of just plus and exclusive. Or viessman is great too.

gloworm

OK looks like it will be 3 core.

I text the Cust tonight and got her to download the app. I'll be surprised if she bothered to do it.

The boiler wasn't cheap, I priced for an ideal, a cdi and this. She chose this from the reviews she has read.

Hoping to get away with current flue hole, right near the sink for condense run. Got access to the garage right next to me to work from, everything is aligned for a smooth day and hopefully be filling up by 12ish and leave plenty of time for making good, commissioning and sorting the controls out.

Thanks for the replies.

OK looks like it will be 3 core.

I text the Cust tonight and got her to download the app. I'll be surprised if she bothered to do it.

The boiler wasn't cheap, I priced for an ideal, a cdi and this. She chose this from the reviews she has read.

Hoping to get away with current flue hole, right near the sink for condense run. Got access to the garage right next to me to work from, everything is aligned for a smooth day and hopefully be filling up by 12ish and leave plenty of time for making good, commissioning and sorting the controls out.

Thanks for the replies.
Controls shouldn’t take that long unless you haven’t got a socket next to the boiler. Time consuming will be explaining the customer the how the Vsmart works . You will be fine mate ...
what size of property is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vsmart controls ebus line in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Vaillant Ecotec plus 630 and a VRC 470F Controller. The controller has a radio receiver in the boiler facia. Now I have a Sensohome controller to install with internet gateway. The radio receiver for this must be wall mounted and ebus connected. The question is, how to I remove or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, I have an ecotec plus 832 and less than 2 weeks ago I installed a Vsmart thermostat by myself. The graph under information in the app doesn't look quite right to me and it looks like the boiler turn on/off instead of doing modulation. Am I missing something? Thank you.
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, thanks for having me. Tomorrow I am getting an ATAG i28C installed but, unfortunately, the gas engineer that will fit it is not an ATAG partner. Therefore, I spent the weekend trying to understand a bit more about what options I would have to control the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock