Search the forum,

Discuss Vortex blue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone fitted one?

I just wondered what there like and if it's worth giving them a try over a normal vortex.

also interested in hearing reports, am tempted to do the vortex course again to take a look.

called Grant today to book onto their burner course, it covers blue flame and is 120 inc vat

Yeah that's the course. I didn't know about the burner course so only did the 2 day vortex course.

There's a nice pub about a mile down the road if you like real ales.

Yeah that's the course. I didn't know about the burner course so only did the 2 day vortex course.

There's a nice pub about a mile down the road if you like real ales.

yes I do !
ill be there :D

Just fitted one. To the casual observer there is little difference in the Blue flame version to a normal vortex pro. The Blue Flame gives lower Nitrogen Oxide levels which is better for the environment. The boiler should (if set up right) burn much cleaner so it should make servicing a nicer job. Installation wise exactly the same as any other Grant boiler.
They do carry a bigger price tag though. About £500 more than a vortex pro. A normal vortex pro if fitted by a G1 installer carries a 5 year warranty. A Blue flame carries a 10 year warranty. In effect you get an extended warranty for £100 ish a year and a warm feeling of being good to the environment. Come 2018 all oil boilers will have to comply with the new emissions regs that come into force and will need to have burners that produce lower emissions.

£500 difference??? - That's ridiculous! That's half the price of a standard Vortex.
Never going to get that extra money back in any slight savings

£500 difference??? - That's ridiculous! That's half the price of a standard Vortex.
Never going to get that extra money back in any slight savings

try selling that to a customer as well compared to the stnd version :D

Probably more than half the boiler cost on a small heat only boiler!! A blue flame boiler is no more efficient than a standard condensing oil boiler. Just better for the planet!

try selling that to a customer as well compared to the stnd version :D

Exactly! Some people want to go for the cheaper slightly less efficient Euroflame model.
Or boiler house cased.
No chance of them spending £100s extra for no real advantage.
I must check out the actual difference in cost.

bet we will have more problems with them in a couple of years

non erp pumps and erp pumps come to mind :D

Probably more than half the boiler cost on a small heat only boiler!! A blue flame boiler is no more efficient than a standard condensing oil boiler. Just better for the planet!

I can get Grant boilers at reasonable prices and I don't want to say on open forum, but £500 would go a long way towards a Vortex 26kw

Grant don't make the Euroflame any longer or at least not this side of the water. The boiler house is a good boiler though. Simple on/off with no PCB or any other electronics to go wrong. I expect like everything else the cost of the burner will come down on the Blue flame boilers when they become standard.

Exactly! Some people want to go for the cheaper slightly less efficient Euroflame model.
Or boiler house cased.
No chance of them spending £100s extra for no real advantage.
I must check out the actual difference in cost.

just under 500 smacks if i remember

will give you an idea

https://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/grant-vortex-pro-26-floor-standing-combination-boiler-oil-erp/

https://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/...mbination-boiler-oil-erp/#product-accessories

but not too sure on the warranty as some say 2 others say 5 havent found one with 10 years

Grant don't make the Euroflame any longer or at least not this side of the water. The boiler house is a good boiler though. Simple on/off with no PCB or any other electronics to go wrong. I expect like everything else the cost of the burner will come down on the Blue flame boilers when they become standard.

I guess it is still made and sold here to compete against the cheaper other brands. Not sure tbh as I prefered the Vortex anyway with its double sized secondary heat exchanger and a few percent more efficiency. Although the Euroflame was very good. You get what you pay for

The standard warranty is two years. 5 years if the installer is accredited on Vortex pro and Eco boilers. 10 year warranty if fitted by accredited installer on the Blue flame.

The standard warranty is two years. 5 years if the installer is accredited on Vortex pro and Eco boilers. 10 year warranty if fitted by accredited installer on the Blue flame.

nothing about 10 here and this is from the blue flyer/instructions

Guarantees
Grant Engineering (UK) Limited guarantees the manufacture of the boiler including all electrical and mechanical components for a period of twelve months from the date of installation, unless the installation was more than six months from the date of purchase, in which case the guarantee period will commence six months from the date of purchase, provided that the boiler has been installed in full accordance with the installation and servicing manual issued. This will be extended to a total period of two years if the boiler is registered with Grant engineering (UK) Limited within thirty days of installation and serviced at twelve monthly intervals.
The shell (heat exchanger) of the boiler is also covered by a five year parts only guarantee from the date of purchase. This is subject to the following:

a) The boiler is operated correctly, in accordance with the
installation and servicing manual.

b) Proof is provided that the system has been flushed or
chemically cleaned where appropriate (refer to BS 7593)
and the required quantity of a suitable corrosion inhibitor
added.

c) Proof of annual servicing (including the checking of any
expansion vessels and pressure relief valves) must be
provided if and when requested by the Company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vortex blue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock