Search the forum,

Discuss Vokera Mynute HE Pressure Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Mynute 15 HE that is about coming on for 7 years old. It's providing the heating and the hot water via a hot water tank, no cold water header tank.

The problem I have is it used to sit happily for months on end at about 0.5 bar when cold, rising to about 2 bar when running.

Now it keeps subsiding, for instance it is now registering about 0.25 bar when cold, despite being topped up to nearly 1 bar last week. It still reaches 2 bar when running.

I have no sign of a leak anywhere that I can see.

The only other strange thing I am aware of is the kitchen radiator is a double skin and on one rad you can completely remove the bleed plug and not get a drop of water out of it.

Any help gratefully received.

Tom

Are the valves to your radiator blocked or is there a leak from it going under the floorboards.

How old is the property?

I would say you need to get a gas safe engy out to check the boiler make sure it's not leaking internally etc

Any water out of the pressure relief valve ? should be outside, near or behind the boiler .

Radiator vent hole may be blocked , with the heating off just see if you can push a thin piece of wire or a thick needle in it .

When you say outside, do you mean outside of the boiler casing or outside of the building? The only thing that exits the building is the balanced flue.

Under the boiler (its on the wall, fully visible) you can see the gas feed, and 2 or 3 other pipe circuits. Behind some facing board there's the refill line and a coupe of others.

Next to the hot water tank upstairs I think there is at least one of the plastic bucket arrangements that allow you to see when an overflow is occurring. Other than that the rest of the pressurised circuit is under a cover on top of the hot water tank.

As requested, some photos

20180228_181905.jpg

20180228_182125.jpg

Meant to say, that I checked the over flow inspection (plastic bucket I referred to previously) that you can see between the left most insulted pipe and the left pressure vessel and there is no sign water has been through there.

I'm guessing that white pipe on the right under the boiler must be the pressure release from the boiler?

Tom

I know it's been a long time since I started this thread, the issue seemed to disappear, however now it's back!

However, I have figured out a couple of things since I originally posted.
  1. The disappearance and return of the issue coincide with the stopping and starting of using the heating
  2. I've found the pressure release pipes outside, they are at ground level, well lower as they are in the gravel (large pieces) around the house
  3. I did find a small leak on the towel rail (on the exit side), so to rule this out I closed the inlet and the lock valve - the leak being between the lock valve and the towel rail. The leak has stopped, the pressure issue hasn't
  4. The system is over due a fernox refresh by about a year
The correct working pressure is still reached on either hot water or heating runs, but the pressure now drops to 0.25 bar or less every day or so with the heating on.

Tom

Last edited:

Reply to Vokera Mynute HE Pressure Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock