Search the forum,

Discuss Vokera maxin 24e lock out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i need help i have a vokera maxin 24e boiler that keeps going to lockout on both heating and hot water
I have had it serviced and an engineer look 5 times unable to find the fault

It gets to temp then ***** off as it should but the when it tries to light again it locks out so far we have had the following changed to no effect

Pressure tubes
Main heat exchanger
Flame sensing electrode
Spark electrode
Pump
Domestic micro switch
Temperature sensor
Flow switch
Gas valve & ignition control pcb
Gas valve
Fan overrun thermostat
Safety thermostat
Fan

So if none of them work what can it be

At that rate you would have been better to replace boiler is this being done on insurance or are you paying ? how much have you spent ??

Yes i am paying your right i could have brought a new boiler with the money hut its become a mission now to sort it as i practically have a new boiler now
I hate to think how much it has cost

This is quite an old boiler and your just wasting money are you doing this work your self ? Have you checked to see if any restrictions in the flue ?

Are you doing the work your self ? have you checked the flue for restrictions ?

As above really, the money you spent on the parts and labour would have covered a new boiler and I believe a boiler which is a better than the one you currently have. I would not think of a mission but for a reasonable solution for long term.

Good question of @jtsplumbing do you do the works yourself or do you hire always a fully gas safe eng8neer ?

All electrical parts i am fitting myself with instruction from gas fitter anything to do with gas he has done flue has been checked all clear u hear what you are saying about a new boiler gas engineer tells me this boiler when working works just as good as a new boiler

All electrical parts i am fitting myself with instruction from gas fitter anything to do with gas he has done flue has been checked all clear u hear what you are saying about a new boiler gas engineer tells me this boiler when working works just as good as a new boiler

1st No it will never be as good as a new boiler it uses more gas for a start, need to change the wording a little It works BUT not as good, you have wasted money on this unit, it seems that neither of you has a clue what is going on with this boiler and your just replacing parts without knowing why ! your getting poor advise from your gas guy, you could have replaced this boiler with a Vokera easi-heat for around £500 with a 5 year warranty, you haven't found the fault with your boiler yet after replacing almost every part and over spending on it, what are you going to do if you replace the few remaining parts & it still doesn't work ?

Is the gas safe engineer next to you Wiley fitting and working on a gas boiler? Again, as @jtsplumbing has mentioned above, neither you nor your gas safe engineer knows really what’s going on. I am quite surprised that you as a customer are so relaxed with the engineer. Usually the customers I know would have told me off already and would have hired a new one. Perhaps you could have safed a lot of money with a different engineer or as above said replaced with a vokera or Intergas boiler. Have you ever thought about getting someone from the manufacturer out to inspect if it’s the boiler at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera maxin 24e lock out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock