Search the forum,

Discuss Vokera Compact leaking heating cock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. My Vokera Compact started leaking today from both heating cocks. It's just a slow drip so far. They do stop leaking if the heating is turned on but as soon as it cools down they start to drip again. I find it strange how they both started to leak at the same time. I have attached a photo of the heating cocks. I have priced new heating cocks up and was wondering if I could fit the replacements myself or can these be fixed ? We are very low on cash flow at the minute as we have just bought the house. I have done quite a bit of plumbing in the past so I'm sure I could easily replace the heating cocks but where do I stand legally on this? Any help would be very much appreciate. Thanks in advance. Kody.

20180301_192604.jpg

you sure the leak isnt coming from higher up (rusting on the case) in this case if it is best seek / get a gas safe engy out

have they been shut recently ?

two options how good are you at draining your heating?

two options

replace the valves like youve said

or strip the valves and replace the orings

one to ten scale (1 being easy etc)

4-5

Are the orings easy to get hold of ?

That's the unknown screwfix do an oring kit there should be something in there

And legally?

You mean gas safe wise ?

Yes. I mean do I have to be qualified in any way to replace these parts?

No as there outside the boiler

Unless your in rented accommodation?

I would definitely buy the isolation valves before taking them off or touching them . Yoou should be able to get them from a gas parts merchants , of the likes of the plumb center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera Compact leaking heating cock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock