Search the forum,

Discuss Viva? McAlpine? Thoughts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally when doing my plumbing jobs I have always used McAlpine traps and fittings which have always worked a treat, be recently i have heard more about and seen more in trade stop Viva wastes and traps. Has anyone used them? Any thoughts?

They seem to be a good bit cheaper, for example the bath trays vs q10 trap is a good £1.50 cheaper and the pan connectors are considerably cheaper

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-wc-f26r-flexible-wc-pan-connector-white-97-107mm/71219
£19.75

Viva Mini Flexible Toilet Pan Connector (200 - 350mm) - PP0002/C
£8.00

any thoughts?

Hi there and welcome.

Yes, have used them betore but ile stick to mcalpine. I know what i get when I pay more money for good materials. But that's just me

Made in China. I also discovered that a spare diaphragm for their fill valves was hard to come by and expensive and I wouldn't be impressed if a plumber fitted me a valve (s)he couldn't service easily.
So, having fitted one Viva siphon and one Viva fill valve, I'm Vivad out.

to be fair you'll be hard pushed to find anything thats plastic thats not made in china these days. might be assembled in another country but the plastic and rubber prob tools and made in china.

I not looked at the fill valves and flush valves for toilets, normal just fit what comes in the toilet, not replaced one in a long time.

I’ve used a lot of Viva and McAlpine products, McAlpine are head and shoulders above Viva. I’ve come across Viva trap seals leaking and cross threading from new, I’d rather pay more ££ and have no issues!!

As for the cistern parts the float valves are ok, quite small to avoid obstructing the handle but the float rises quickly unlike a fluidmaster and can cause water hammer, the syphons again are ok for domestic use but in a commercial premises where they get used more frequently the clip that adjusts the height will snap rendering it useless. The syphon tail washer is very good in my opinion though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Viva? McAlpine? Thoughts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’ve renovated my understairs bathroom and am now at the point where I’m connecting the toilet to the existing waste. To do this I’ve purchased McAlpine WC-F26R Flexible WC Pan Connector White 97-107mm and pushed it straight into the existing ’Multikwik’ waste connector. The leak is between...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
I have discovered that the flexible connector from the WC pan to the soil pipe does not have all the "fins" pushed in and is weeping - that's easy to fix - but I'm wondering if I can address another issue at the same time while I have all the cabinetry off. There does not appear to be any...
Replies
Views
All, We have an old soil pipe stack which has an inner diameter of 90mm. I presume it is a pitch fibre soil pipe (it's not cast iron). I have been down the local plumbers' merchants and sourced a suitable pan connector, namely a McAlpine WC-CON7B. The toilet outlet is around 30mm higher...
Replies
Views
Hello Geberit WC frame has a spigot outlet as per picture [frame removed for clarity!] with a 90mm OD. Fits rather baggy in the McAlpine WC connector that has a quoted inlet size of 97-107mm. The seal measures 85mm across and does seal the joint albeit not very tightly. I would feel more...
Replies
Views
B
Are flexible pan connectors any good? Never fitted one like this - have always gone for rigid HDPE where possible. However after fitting more and more flexble WHB and Sink wastes over the years I have a little more confidence in their longevity. It would not require to be extended very much...
Replies
Views
bigmondy
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock