Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann Vitodens 050-W F2 Fault code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren Jackson

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
2 engineers were called prior to me getting the call. The customer having problems with the hot water and it constantly faulting to F2 within 10 seconds of running a hot tap after every reset. 1st engineer changed the Button Stat to the main hex & charged her £120. Still same problem! 2nd engineer said boiler goosed need a new one ( its only 18 month old) and £80 call out charge. I turned up after been recommended by a work mate of hers. Within 10 mins determined nothing wrong with the stats or wiring and it must be a blockage. Found this - Pic 1 in the Flow valve - Pic 2 is what came out of the main Hex and Pic 3 I flushed out from the DHW plate hex. All working good now but I recommend having a full powerflush performed pretty soon. The boiler is only 18 month old and the system was supposedly flushed before the new boiler was fitted. Don't know what they teach people these days at college? How can 2 engineers miss the most obvious and if that has been flushed prior to the new boiler fitting then I'm the Duke of York....Makes me mad...This industry is letting anyone in and teaching them diddly squat. ( rant over).
20180712_134052.jpg

20180712_151625.jpg

20180712_151740.jpg

No boilers got a hope of working with a system that bad

Looks like you've got a new customer :)

No boilers got a hope of working with a system that bad

Looks like you've got a new customer :)

It did have a filter on the return pipework, looked like a cheap Chinese import. Black & gold label which was peeling off, a name I've never heard of and the magnet was about as strong as my 4 month old grandsons little finger. It was totally clear of any debris and didn't catch anything at all. A totally useless piece of rubbish.

Blimey, ye ha ..........
Cracking boilers the 050’s , but the system has got to be clean , not the boilers fault, just the cowboy that fitted it .

Just Hope she takes my advise and lets me do a full power flush with X400 to the system and pretty darn soon, fit a magna-clean and dose up with X100. Or else she will be forever having problems with what otherwise is a pretty good boiler.

Defo mate , dont forget , no inhibitor in Viessmann’s .

Just Hope she takes my advise and lets me do a full power flush with X400 to the system and pretty darn soon, fit a magna-clean and dose up with X100. Or else she will be forever having problems with what otherwise is a pretty good boiler.

I would do x800

Feck me the only time I see that much rust is in my rear view mirror after I've hit a pothole.
I haven't fitted a Viessmann but they all have SS hex right, so all you should need is a physical magnetic filter which should in theory deal with any rad rot in the system.

I would do x800

Yes I like the X800, But i'll put a couple of bottles of X400 in it for a couple of days first then drill hammer / agitate the rads one at at time & drain down. Then powerflush with X800 with machine hooked up to my magnacleanse unit. I know Viessmann don't like chemicals in their boilers but a system this bad; I'm gonna put some inhibitors in it for the sake of the rads and pipework system. According to Viessmann it doesnt need it but they say it will not do any harm to their boiler. Then when I've fitted a genuine Magnaclean filter at least it stands a chance of lasting it's expected lifetime (hopefully).

Wow, that’s some crap in there daz. In my opinion, since magnetic filters have come out, fitters have got even more sloppy in their efforts to cleanse a system. Fitters think that the filter is the answer and that’s it, don’t they realise that not everything is magnetic.

Wow, that’s some crap in there daz. In my opinion, since magnetic filters have come out, fitters have got even more sloppy in their efforts to cleanse a system. Fitters think that the filter is the answer and that’s it, don’t they realise that not everything is magnetic.

Yep I just don't know what the next generation of engineer's are being taught nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Viessmann Vitodens 050-W F2 Fault code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock