Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss viessmann 100 weather comb in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

went to service a viessmann 100 and install weather comp fitted the lead to x21 as per wired the sensor but the boiler was not seeing the sensor, phoned viessmann and went through it, sensor is correct one 5K the resistance was ok, checked all connections and the were fine anyone else had this problem is it the sensor or new or connection cable (both brand new) or is it the board. viessmann technicaal couldnt help

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR

Weird one this , defo no breaks in the wire from sensor to board . Test each individually .

3. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

yes pretty sure all wires ok was getting resistance at all connections,
    will do cont check on cable tomorrow

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Did you prog the boiler to say I want to weather comp ?

Have had one where it wanted a restart/ set

5. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

its the old one with 2 dials not the touch screen.

6. ShaunCorbs

Fair enough think it still needs a reset

7. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

how do you do a reset the viessmann tech didnt advise it

8. townfanjon

Heating dial turn clockwise , but hold it there for a few secs otherwise serv mode comes on .

9. ShaunCorbs

Think you have to turn both knobs to something best ask tech as I can't remember now

10. townfanjon

You would think connecting it up to x21 it would recognise it straight away , what type / size of wire are you using ?

11. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

it should recognise straight away tried first with wire i was using thought it may be that so just connected up with short length of wire about 6 inches same outcome

12. townfanjon

It’s exactly what I would have done , does sound like board now , bloody expensive to try , are you using bell wire ?

13. townfanjon

Have you connected to 3 & 4 on x21 ?

14. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

Yes 3 and 4 have done several before on the 100. at my last house I installed it on the 200 never a problem till this one. Boiler is about 5 or 6 years old I am leaning more towards the board being faulty

15. townfanjon

Long shot , still under warranty ?