Search the forum,

Discuss Viessman Vitodens 100 F4 code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellas, got an intermittent f4 fault on a viessman vitodens 100. when the fault occurs it has a loud ignition as if the spark isn't catching the gas first time but then the flame doesn't stay on, it repeats before locking out. notice their is only one elcectrode on these for sparking and flame rectification. Possible ionisation electrode fault? Any advice greatly appreciated. cheers

Has it got the burner with the "like" wire wool on it?

not sure mate just had a look last call today. so if i take the burner and and fan assembly out from the heat turbine there may be a problem with the burner? not familiar with viessman

not sure mate just had a look last call today. so if i take the burner and and fan assembly out from the heat turbine there may be a problem with the burner? not familiar with viessman

If it is of the wire wool type. It may be blocked burner. Only way to clean is by running water through it

Separate it from the fan first

Also check condition of he. Make sure all flue ways are clear

Clean fan

Check probes. Pound coin between probes

Doubt gas is an issue. May have a sticking regulator but I doubt that very much

:iagree: I think SimonJohns has about covered the possibles CJ :iagree:

Intermittent F4 on the cupl I've worked on have been conected with the none return 'flap' they place in the fan air intake! However that wouldn't accound for there being gas present and the explosive ignition! :)

Hi there CJ,

did you ever get this sorted? I have the same boiler with the same error fault and symptoms and it would be good to know how you finally fixed it.

Jen

Hi there CJ,

did you ever get this sorted? I have the same boiler with the same error fault and symptoms and it would be good to know how you finally fixed it.

Jen

I ve worked on these a lot f4 is normally spark ignition device,there's three different colours,the grey and blue ones where found to poorly made,they are now black but also changed pcb at the same time pretty pricey tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Viessman Vitodens 100 F4 code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock