Search the forum,

Discuss Vibration noise from boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks I have a Worcester Greenstar CDI boiler which is about 7 years old. It has recently started making a vibrating noise periodically which can last from a couple of seconds to 60 secs at worst. It can happen throughout the day and night even when neither the heating or hot water is being used. The boiler is fitted onto an external wall and the noise is louder outside rather than at the actual boiler. Any ideas.

Only way to tell is to get a gas safe engy to check it out when was it last serviced ?

Only way to tell is to get a gas safe engy to check it out when was it last serviced ?
Had it looked at by engineer about 1 month ago who said we had to change expansion vessel, which we did, and he also cleaned out a few tubes etc. He said that would fix it. It did seem to make the vibrations less frequent for a short while but have increased again.

Reply to Vibration noise from boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked the system pressure at 1.5bar and the relief valve but the noise persists unless a hot water tap in the house is opened then it stops for a period of...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air intake,I checked if its enough voltage to the gas valve its 22v dc going from pcb to it exactly what it says on the gas valve,checked fan seams to work k I...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two indirect water cylinders (Gledhill) connected to a gas boiler (Vaillant). The system is setup/programmed so that the tanks heat up twice a day for about 2 hours. When the tanks start to heat, one of them makes a loud vibrating noise, sometimes for about 15-20 mins, sometimes for...
Replies
Views
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or area by the water tank has started making a loud groaning noise whenever hot water has been running for much over a minute (sometimes less). Since the weather has gotten cooler, the radiators seem to come on (unless turned off at the TRV) whenever a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock