Search the forum,

Discuss Veto pro pacs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killy Bing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
So ive killed another tool bag.......
Thats 3 in three years ish !!!

Looking around the forums ive heard plenty of mentions of veto bags

Looking into them i like the look of the xxl open top.
the 5 year warrenty sounds ace too!

So guys !

are they worth the money ? as this ones 190 pretty pounds.

Model OT-XXL | Veto Pro Pac - Toolbags That Work.

I would forever feel robbed if I paid £190 for any bag. That 5 year warrantee isn't free, it's about £150.

But see here is my thinking ! my tools bags are say £60 each.
so thats been 180 in three years.
After a month they already look tacky.
Few mentions have been really positive wherever ive looked.
if it lasted 3 years id be happy.

I managed to get the xl one second hand from a friend.

Good points

The quality of the materials and build are very good. I'm sure it will last for years to come before it gives up.

It's handy that it's got the different pockets to put your tools in, quicker to find a tool rather than routing around in the tool box.

Bad Points

Unless you can get one second hand, it is a lot of money!

With the one I bought, I found it was already quite heavy even before I filled it up with my tools.

Not really anywhere to put little bits and bobs like you get with a top tray in a toolbox

Hope this helps.

might be a good idea to check the 5 year warranty terms & conditions, might not be worth the paper it's written on.

ANY 'tool bag' should be fit for purpose and if your tool bag ends up useless through normal wear and tear you should be entiltled to a replacement free of charge.

On the second bag the bottom fell off at 9 months, axminster tools gave me another but the warrentys out :)
shame.

I've switched over to my oil servicing bag for the moment and keeping those in a bucket.

will look at the ts and cs now

I've got the XXL-F after destroying several bags in no time. Had it about a year now and it's as good as new. Well worth the money as I've been killing tool bags every 6 months or so.

i brought my veto XL tote bag along time ago (over 2 years, maybe 3), its still in as new condition tbh. Not one broken zip, or broken pocket and i would not be without it tbh. I brought it after going through a couple of stanley and dewalt bags in quick time.

I have tried almost every stanley, dewalt, CK, irwin, bacho tool tote and still have a few of them looking sad in the back of the shed, the veto kicks there tooshie in ever department tbh.

i use stanley/dewalt open tote bags and usually get them for 20 or 440 notes they last me about a year but i also have a irwin structural foam box had that years great bit of kit if i know i am going to be working outside say on drainage or soil stacks i use that so if its raining i just shut the lid and no rusty tools!

i use stanley/dewalt open tote bags and usually get them for 20 or 440 notes they last me about a year but i also have a irwin structural foam box had that years great bit of kit if i know i am going to be working outside say on drainage or soil stacks i use that so if its raining i just shut the lid and no rusty tools!

one thing ive never understood is the stanley bag is made alot better than the dewalt, but the dewalt is better designed. They are both made by stanley, what they should do is make the better designed dewalt bag as strong as the better made stanely and then they would have a really good bag. Still not close to a veto but i think it would sell well.

i brought my veto XL tote bag along time ago (over 2 years, maybe 3), its still in as new condition tbh. Not one broken zip, or broken pocket and i would not be without it tbh. I brought it after going through a couple of stanley and dewalt bags in quick time.

How much did you pay for your bag?

approx £150 from memory. I had brought 3-4 other totes over the year or so before for aprox £30 each. so for me it has been worth the money, and its probably making me money now i guess.

looked at my bag today AW and found out its actually a wickes cant rember buying this one i am very confused ha ha!! this one seems solid though

last time i looked in wickes all there decent tool bags and stuff like that was rebaged stanley?

I have a pair of facom bags too :) got the first one for work but i kept finding it too small for all my plumbing gear as i just ended up piling everything in. so i just have it for my sparky and pc repair stuff. The other one i use it for machine maintenance and repairs on my dads company. They are cracking bags. Far better than the stanly version thats similar.

It took ages of deliberating as to whether the Veto OT LC was worth £130, as all my previous bags, £45 was the most expensive.

I wished I had bought it sooner. After 18 months use, no broken pockets, straps, zips etc, all looks as good as new, even after using it on site.

As others have said, normal bags last 12 months the Veto will last for donkeys.

The HVAC LC will probably be my next purchase after a new 18v cordless.

Have a veto OT-XL, must be I dunno, maybe 6 or 7 years old now (honestly can't remember), but it's been great. Not ideal for small parts storage and you won't get a pair of benders or a decent sized level in it or anything but it's great for carrying a selection of smaller hand tools and diagnostic stuff (I can squeeze a bahco hacksaw in lengthways to give you some idea). I got round the small parts thing by having a few lock'n'lock little plastic tubs with washers etc in one side of it. Wasn't ideal, but it worked ok - although it can be a bit fiddley trying to root around for little bits in the bottom of these bags. The answer? Keep the bag organised as far as possible (and there's enough pockets to get organised in the first place.

Got bored with it a few times (that's how long I've had it!) and bought other bags thinking they may work better, but have ended up getting the veto back out again and again. They are heavy bags, but they are comfortable to carry (great strap), and the build quality is great. I carry an iPad round with me more and more these days, so I'm trying to save up for the XLT (which if I hadn't forked out on all the crud bags in the meantime, I'd have the money for I guess!). I had one broken zip in all these years of daily abuse. Best bag I ever had.

I have bought 2 veto bags, the OT-XL and the tech LC. Both bags are spot on and in as new condition. Use the tech LC as a servicing bag along with toolbox as backup.

The OT XL was my all purpose bag with parts boxes hammers, chisels screwdrivers etc. Both been used for a long while and look like they were bought yesterday. I was doing a Stanley bag every 9-12 months.

If you can afford the large sum rather than £40-60 every year, then I don't see any downsides. Yes they are heavier empty than others, but then thicker bases, covers and pocket material all add up to a sturdy bag which will outlast any Stanley Dewalt Plano thing.

my latest stanley tote has split outer pockets after 7 weeks, another 40 wasted so either a suitcase type or proper veto for same money in the new year!

I've just bought a dewalt CLC work gear open tote, i love my tools being organised and accessible. Quality seems good too, didn't want to commit to a veto without knowing what kind of setup I'd be happy with though

I have the Veto Pro Pac XL and it's a cracking bag, work mates keep saying they want one instead of the tool boxes they use but they don't like the price. They now do a Tech XL which I would prefer to have over the XL so I might treat myself to it in January.

I don't understand why people use totes, you will just get robbed to bits taking these sorts of things on site.

"Please sir, help yourself to my Footprints while i work over here for 10 seconds"

Pointless, that Facom bag looks alright though.

Nope. Never work for builders etc. if I'm on a job with other guys they're usually ones I know and trust.

Envy you, but it is where the big deals are for me. I don't do builders either, they are huge parasites, i never understand why anyone would want them to project manage a build, normally home owners without a clue

These bags are brilliant!
just brought the Tech-LC and got the TP3 for free.
The only thing that I can think of to make this better is if they did custom made pockets.
This bag is built to last, also it's designed with the user in mind, well worth the money.

Come to the job with this and they know you're a pro.

Really want to get one of these finally a pocket for each tool sick to death of rooting round my bag trying to find what I need.

Can't decide between the LC or XL my work is maintenance thinking the LC with all my everyday tools keep it light and have an overflow bag/box for the bigger tools/ tools I don't use that often?

Anyone own the LC?

to be fair most of the time I end up carrying a few tools with me into the job so thinking the LC makes more sense, lot of money as people have said but don't mind spending the dosh if it's going to last and help me keep my tools in order.

Last edited:
Really want to get one of these finally a pocket for each tool sick to death of rooting round my bag trying to find what I need.

Can't decide between the LC or XL my work is maintenance thinking the LC with all my everyday tools keep it light and have an overflow bag/box for the bigger tools/ tools I don't use that often?

Anyone own the LC?

to be fair most of the time I end up carrying a few tools with me into the job so thinking the LC makes more sense, lot of money as people have said but don't mind spending the dosh if it's going to last and help me keep my tools in order.

Ive ve got the LC and would recommend this one, but it all depends what line of work you're in.
Im a boiler engineer and I only need a certain number of tools when on a repair. Even with a few tools this bag becomes very heavy, and I prefer not to always use a shoulder strap unless I've parked a fair distance from the site. I always prefer to just carry it in one hand, but if possible have a look at both at a retailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Veto pro pacs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock