Search the forum,

Discuss Very slight pressure loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey guys I have a quick question I hope you all can help with I have Ariston class he evo 30 boiler it’s just over a year old we got 3 new tads fitted a few weeks ago as old ones were rusting at the top valves anyway we had a small leak in the pipe going into the new one which my heating engineer neighbour drained down n fixed on Saturday there, and pressure was topped up to a needle width over the 1.5 heating been on since Saturday morning on timer goes off at 6:20 n then I put on when I come in from work about 6pm I’ve been checking the pressure and since Saturday sitting st what it was filled to but today it was sitting spot on the 1.5 nearly so you think the slight drop is just settlement if air coming out the system or do you think it’s something to worry about sorry I’m paranoid it’s loosing pressure no leaks anywhere else I’ve checked all new valves and pipes when heating been off? Hoping it’s just air escaping after draining down and filling any help please?

Monitor it. Loss of under a 0.1 bar wouldn’t concern me as long as it doesn’t drop much further

Monitor it. Loss of under a 0.1 bar wouldn’t concern me as long as it doesn’t drop much further
It’s not even 0.1 it’s about the width of the needle on the actual pressure gauge so say from 1 to 0.1 is 3-4 with a of the needle well it’s only one of them would you say that’s normal for 3-4 days after filling the system after draining to repair the leak?

Yeh tryst me my wife and mate said the same I think I’m just paranoid we had a terrible boiler before n only lasted 4 years n they stopped making parts n my neighbour got this one n fitted it for me to be fair boiler working a treat as is hot water but I’ve since found myself checking the pressure every day n think I’m just paranoid it’s the expansion vessel or something can your boiler loose slight pressure over a year at all if so what’s a normal amount a little too uo a couple of bar over 12 months?

Hey guys I have a quick question I hope you all can help with I have Ariston class he evo 30 boiler it’s just over a year old we got 3 new tads fitted a few weeks ago as old ones were rusting at the top valves anyway we had a small leak in the pipe going into the new one which my heating engineer neighbour drained down n fixed on Saturday there, and pressure was topped up to a needle width over the 1.5 heating been on since Saturday morning on timer goes off at 6:20 n then I put on when I come in from work about 6pm I’ve been checking the pressure and since Saturday sitting st what it was filled to but today it was sitting spot on the 1.5 nearly so you think the slight drop is just settlement if air coming out the system or do you think it’s something to worry about sorry I’m paranoid it’s loosing pressure no leaks anywhere else I’ve checked all new valves and pipes when heating been off? Hoping it’s just air escaping after draining down and filling any help please?
Have a look at MFD from Flowflex it may be an answer often small leaks will be totally undetectable as the leak evapourates. a pressure drop of 1 bar on a domestic system might only amount to less that 1 litre over several weeks and the leak might be from a rad valve, in a cavity or even inside the boiler. 67% of combi and pressure systems have this problem. I know we did some research on main st of Southport a couple of years ago
Rob Foster aka centralheatking by chance your not the Rob Anderson from Jethro Tull ?

Gas safe registered (stupid spell check)
All system Boilers take a while to settle because of air so on and so forth what can happen is on a old boiler there could be a leek on heat exchanger and this would not be visible to you because when boiler fires it is then comeing of as a mist and this dryies up with heat this happens a lot .On some HE boilers because most of the parts that you use to drain down boiler to replace a part are Plastic so that's why most of us enginears drain down through PRV only problem is dirt gets under seating of PRV this can cause a leek so easey fix is replace PRV so I think you are worrying over nothing worse case is down on pressure boiler will not work fill it back up to 1.5 bar jobs a good one

Reply to Very slight pressure loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock