Search the forum,

Discuss Very lucky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

macackau

Called out to investigate leak under floor boards from central heating. Lifted a floorboard and first thing I could smell was gas. Immediately legged it to the meter to switch it off, bit of investigation and found this gas pipe under the customers kitchen floor. They thought the funny smell was the cats litter tray so they were emptying it twice a day. I kid you not they had a few of those smelly candles lit in the kitchen to cover up the gas smell.

The gas pipe had been corroded by lime in masonry it was running through, no denso tape to protect nor was it sleeved.

Lucky, lucky people.

image.jpg

Did you need a torch or did you use a lighter to see under the floorboards?

You say lucky - I'd say... (how well do you know them)
Darwin would be turning in his grave!
(too far?)

Last edited:
I had one last week,
theres a smell of gas from the fire,
How long have you been smelling gas
Ohh about a week or two, but the fire still works fine

obviously had their boiler serviced every year and they did a tightness test each time :)

saving lives on a daily basis :D

I had one last week,
theres a smell of gas from the fire,
How long have you been smelling gas
Ohh about a week or two, but the fire still works fine

I had the same thing a month or so ago. Smell of gas comes and goes, not really fussed about it. Been on and off for months.

A bit of investigation finds this between the fire front and bbu.

bfbab093a4a6d9e9fa215c3f6fd973b6.jpg

Something about bubbles in LDF excites me!
Am I damaged?

Maybe its coz i know im nearly done?

Good find... Lucky they had that leak on the central heating as it jut have been a matter of time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Very lucky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock