Search the forum,

Discuss Veissmann vitodens 222F combi boiler Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ole Fella

Greetings guys
i was hoping you might help an old fella out with what ill seem rather simple issue for you tech savey guys in regards to the programming of my veissmann combi boiler.

we have Installed as mentioned above the veissmann vitodens 222F combi gas boiler with the vitotronic 200 control unit. we have been using only the central heating side of the unit to heat our house as we have had individual electric water heating for our potable water ( bathrooms/ kitchen)

we have recently renovated a new bathroom and made a plumbing connection to the boiler but im unable to get the hot water working .... i can either have the house warm or have a nice hot shower i cant seem to get both.

i beleive this unit only has a single internal pump what has to be used by both the rads and the DHW but only one at a time. so my thinking is that it has to do with the timing programs of the DHW.

ive got the Rad room temp set at 22 and timer set to 6.00 to 22.00 ( this works great with no problems )
when i go into the DHW settings and raise the temp to 50C ( the recommended temp) i can hear the hot water being created and fill up the ho****er storage tank (i assume) and i can have a hot shower but in doing this it turns of the Radiators and they never turn back on again untill i drop the DHW temp back down to 30 than i hear the burner turn back on and how water return back to the radiators.

im sure it has to do with the program times.

for those familiar with this boiler and the vitotronic 200... this is what im trying to acheive ...

rads on between 6.00am -10pm
DHW on between 7-9am and 4-8pm
and also hot water on demand at all times ( as i understand this is water that is created outside of these preset times that is instantly created

not sure if this is poossible but logic would say that it is but im just unable to figure it out.

any help would be greatly appreaceated and it will make that wife happy :blush5:

A combi boiler is both a high-efficiency water heater and a central heating boiler, combined (hence the name) within one compact unit.

A combi boiler will alway give priority to hot water. The combi will do the hot water or the heating. Combis don't have the capability to run both heating and hot water parallel with each other.

A combi boiler is both a high-efficiency water heater and a central heating boiler, combined (hence the name) within one compact unit.

A combi boiler will alway give priority to hot water. The combi will do the hot water or the heating. Combis don't have the capability to run both heating and hot water parallel with each other.

cheers amgas ....ya i was thinking that this was the case still i need to know how the time setting programming works ... do i set the DHW to run only during a coupld hours a day say early in the moprning and in the evening to make sure there is hot water in the hot water tank (100l) ready to go fr showers ... and have the Central heating left at 6.00 -2200

and say we have lots of guests over and 100L insnt enough will it creat instand hot water as we need it ? and what tempratuire should we set the DHW at i was told 50C is the accurate

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Veissmann vitodens 222F combi boiler Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
  • Question
Hi all, thanks for adding me. My Veissmann v50 combi gas boiler has recently started to supply only lukewarm water to the bathroom above it. This is about 3 metres away, so quite a short pipe run. It supplies hot water fine to the kitchen taps, which are about 1 metre away. It also supplies very...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room thermostat deactivated. Boiler gets odd attacks of suddenly turning on the fan 100%, then (gas valve and ignition are clicking?) potentially tries to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock