Search the forum,

Discuss VAT threshold to be lowered? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Tibetan goat skin are standard-rated. And a ginger bread man with chocolate eyes is zero-rated but if it has chocolate trousers it would be standard rated".

Absolutely insane!
Who would know that?

What if he was eating a Jaffa cake?

Jaffa cakes are classed as cakes 0%, Not a biscuit at 20%. Therefore if you had a Gingerbread man wearing a Tibetan Goat skin and Chocolate Trousers whilst eating a Jaffa Cake, You would need the Corgi people with the VAT saver to do your calcs for you and take their 25%, of course ......Plus VAT?

Why are his eyes Zero rated but not his Trousers. ?

What if he wears Chocolate sunglasses??

Is he running down Drury lane shouting you can't catch me Mr VAT man???

WHO gets paid to think up this crap and how much?

Last edited:
It has been on the cards.
I am VAT registered so it doesn't bother me and I do benefit from it.

I can see how it peeves people though.

if it happens i am jacking it in i was vat registered when i started but came off it after a few years.

I am not vat reg and dont want to be either , but if everybody was on a level playing field as Chalked says it would be fairer .
But un paid tax collector, no thanks

"Tibetan goat skin are standard-rated. And a ginger bread man with chocolate eyes is zero-rated but if it has chocolate trousers it would be standard rated".

Absolutely insane!
Who would know that?

What if he was eating a Jaffa cake?

Jaffa cakes are classed as cakes 0%, Not a biscuit at 20%. Therefore if you had a Gingerbread man wearing a Tibetan Goat skin and Chocolate Trousers whilst eating a Jaffa Cake, You would need the Corgi people with the VAT saver to do your calcs for you and take their 25%, of course ....Plus VAT?

Why are his eyes Zero rated but not his Trousers. ?

What if he wears Chocolate sunglasses??

Is he running down Drury lane shouting you can't catch me Mr VAT man???

WHO gets paid to think up this crap and how much?
The difference between a cake and a biscuit is something like... if left out in the open a cake goes hard and a biscuit goes soft...if I recall correctly.

I believe the threshold for taxation purposes in the UK is POSSIBLY the highest in the world. I think in France it is/was about £5K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to VAT threshold to be lowered? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock