Search the forum,

Discuss Vaporising course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I keep getting asked to do work on agas ray burns etc as I've never worked on them I keep turning them down but I have now turned down 6 jobs in the last month!

It seems to be a dying art and people can't get anyone to do them so was thinking of trying to get on a course to show me the ins and outs of them.

So does anyone know of a good course for them.

From Ray burn them selves

Oftec 102. Vaporizing course. You will also need a wet kit flue gas analyser and the necessary equipment for testing oil flow rates.

Millsy I will come on the course with you pal, theres a to@@er of a bloke I know, who I would love to vaporise.

Oftec 102. Vaporizing course. You will also need a wet kit flue gas analyser and the necessary equipment for testing oil flow rates.
Is that better than the other oftec courses? As they didn't really teach you how to carry out breakdowns etc.

I will give my local training center a call anyway.

They are pig to work on, I turn them down just because there is easier money to be had.
Be prepared to lose a lot of your time/ sanity.
Although saying that if you enjoy a challenge you can make great money out of them due to the lack of engineers. I think lame plumber works on them.

going to a bit of a bugger tomorrow, serviced it, oil rate to high, tweaked it down to right level and now its sooted up over a week, so back to give it a clean and tweak it back up and pray.

to be honest, there is no course to teach you, read the oftec book and go learn, a few mistakes will occur and you will curse but most of the time if you get it spot on life is a breeze. tis the odd one or two that cause misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaporising course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock