Search the forum,

Discuss Van leasing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAH HEATING

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Looking into leasing, anyone got any dealings in this?

Im looking at ford transit custom, do people deal with the manufacturer direct or the likes or vanarama etc?

The insurance I've been quoted is rather daft aswell, apparently because I'm leasing the policy is more expensive!

So any recommendations for insurance aswell please.

Cheers

Great deals through nationwide vehicle contracts.
Make sure you get your annual milage right when doing the deal, as they will charge plenty for going over.
Needs to be looked after well and services correctly. Also, make sure tyres are good ( inc spare) when the hire period is up.
My brother works for a company that looks for future trends and recons that soon we will be leasing everything, not just cars, vans etc. But tools, clothes, beds etc.

Really? Clothes?

If someone wants my underpants after a 10 year lease they are welcome to them, if thread bare will I be deducted?

Great deals through nationwide vehicle contracts.
Make sure you get your annual milage right when doing the deal, as they will charge plenty for going over.
Needs to be looked after well and services correctly. Also, make sure tyres are good ( inc spare) when the hire period is up.
My brother works for a company that looks for future trends and recons that soon we will be leasing everything, not just cars, vans etc. But tools, clothes, beds etc.

I'm a bit unsure what route to take, if I go via manufacturer at least am dealing with someone face to face.

Ford offering 2 year lease, 13000 miles with maintenance included, replacement tyres etc for 189 plus vat.

Deposit was about 1500 I think.

A six seater was something like 270 plus, vanarama was around 200.

As i said though, I felt a bit more at ease talking to someone face to face rather than over the phone.

If I started racking it out, ford said no problem it would be sold like that an end of lease. Vanarama was just kind of agreeing to things I was saying, had the feeling come the end of lease things would be slightly different

That's a massive deposit! Don't forget the deposit is normally thier profit and is negotiable. If you go. For their deal, try offering £1000 deposit.

Far cheaper here.
Don't forget it's the same van you get from the ford dealer and will come from a ford dealer. The leasing company are just the middleman.
We got out last car through them. Came in one week .
image.jpg

Really? Clothes?

If someone wants my underpants after a 10 year lease they are welcome to them, if thread bare will I be deducted?

Yes clothes.
We already do it with music, you don't pysically own it anymore. Just rent.

Ford actually quoted £195.75, deposit of £1174.50.

They are £194.92, fully maintained not ply lined.

Ply lined is an extra 70 a month! Ford one off £150, an from i got told no qualms when returning it ply lined.

For insurance call A plan on 01252 541404 (mention my name (Ben Connolly)) and they'll look after you. My mates a rep for them so looks after me but said if I refer people they will get looked after too. Good policy and alost 15% cheaper than the furry critters or fat bloke singing! That deal actually sounds pretty good for the customer. Lovely vans too, I just couldn't justify it this time.

For insurance call A plan on 01252 541404 (mention my name (Ben Connolly)) and they'll look after you. My mates a rep for them so looks after me but said if I refer people they will get looked after too. Good policy and alost 15% cheaper than the furry critters or fat bloke singing! That deal actually sounds pretty good for the customer. Lovely vans too, I just couldn't justify it this time.

Cheers Ben, I'll give them a call

I get emails off a firm called riverale, they had an offer on customs on there last one. Worth a Google.

Jeez! That's a lot. How much no claims have you got?

I'm going to go on 0

I got rid of my van an was working offshore, so I've technically not been driving a van.

If I get rid of car then it may come down.

It works out £60 a month if I pay £400 straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van leasing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock