Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Van Insurance in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. JAH HEATING

JAH HEATING Plumber GSR

Mine is up the end of the months, currently paying about £87 with Autonet for a Ford Transit

Anyone recommend anyone chaps ?

2. Billy Bob Bob

Billy Bob Bob Guest

try one of the comparison sites i normally get a good deal but at 87 quid its peanuts anyway

3. iain85

iain85 Guest

Blimey surely that's a month? Mines 800 a year for a crappy combo (30 years old low risk area 3 points)

4. JAH HEATING

JAH HEATING Plumber GSR

Yes, only a 54 plate Transit

5. iain85

iain85 Guest

I see that makes me feel better!

6. secret squirrel

secret squirrel Guest

I thought that was £87 per year to start off with, I was thinking "how cheap do you want it, if it gets cheaper they'll be paying you!"

7. erpkid

erpkid Plumber GSR

254 a year for an 08 plate caddy maxi. Benefits of being old I suppose. This on borders of Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire. Would be even cheaper if we were in Ipswich.

8. mitchellcook

mitchellcook Guest

I renewed mine this week. £1000. for an 08 plate renault traffic. Last year i paid £1700 for the year. Thats what you get for being 22 i guess. You gotta laugh if not you might cry.

9. anz

anz Plumber GSR

That's actually pretty good for 22.

10. mitchellcook

mitchellcook Guest

yeah im pleased it is quite a drop in price this year than the previous. with all the costs of van, tools, gs reg, insurances, training fees, advertising, feels like we should be charging £200 per ball valve just to recoup lol.

11. RGN007

RGN007 Guest

Don't worry. The new "equality" rules might make it cheaper in 2013 for you lads.

12. Shellis

Shellis Guest

Insurance is a nightmare, with 6 years no claims at 24 years of age the cheapest i can get on a berlingo worth £500 is £650! it's like buying the van again!

13. thereisawizza

thereisawizza Plumber GSR

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2016
  14. kozak1968

kozak1968 Plumber GSR

£692 citreon berlingo on a 10 plate 4 years ncb 1 accident my fault 1 windscreen 44 years old.... Outrageous!!!!

15. michael c

michael c Plumber GSR

i insured a transit 280 swb first ever van insurance cost me 756 i think through auto net. Im 26 no points, 1 claim (tp at fault) living in a not so great area.