Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Van Insurance with 9 points! in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlumbBobBob

PlumbBobBob Guest

aint that the truth lol

2. stevetheplumber

stevetheplumber Plumber GSR

the bad news is you will grow out of it my first licence looked like a minature bible cos in those days they stapled extra pages in to take all the endorsements think i got 7 in one sitting

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  3. zzzjim

zzzjim Well-Known Member

Damn that modern tech ( TDi + Cameras)
    , even my father went on a course , so don't get points !

Turn it into a mobile home ?

4. dontknowitall

dontknowitall Guest

Years ago my Dad had a close call. He was a prosecuting solicitor in magistrates courts (gave the police side of the story).

Anyways, after a case, a policeman wandered over to him: "We could have had you at over 90mph!"

"Where?"

"On the M4 just outside Slough."

"Where were you?"

"We were in that bmw in front of you!"

"Why didn't you stop me?"

"Because we were late for court too!!!"

• Like Like x 3
  5. adam84

adam84 Plumber GSR

Just buy a weekly bus pass and have done with it. :clap:

6. Phil

Phil Plumber

Don't worry you grow out of it when you hit 30, I was a maniac in my 20's speeding, drink driving, handbrake turns in town centre, not wearing seatbelt, driving with no tax, multiple accidents, constantly being pulled over by police for driving Astra GTE late at night etc.

Ah them were the days....

7. GQuigley67

GQuigley67 Trusted Plumber GSR

still major arseholes on the road 30,40+ but they have cheap insurance and i dont!

8. CMcM

CMcM Member

are the weee insurance guys on the streets any good? If not you could do ur Advanced driving.. get that and ur insurance will go down. think there is one in thornliebank!!

9. Avatar

They are trying to turn the whole of Brighton in 20mph limit - this is going to pee me right off and obviously they will be putting in a load of nice new speed cameras . . . .

The government (and insurance companies!) make loads from fining us like this - I don't think your insurance should double/triple just because you got caught travelling at 35mph . . . .

10. vern

vern Trusted Plumber GSR

Was it a valver Phil?

11. AlexGas

AlexGas Plumber GSR

article-1286784540295-0B8D51C8000005DC-950747_636x3961.jpg . can be done, have to keep it local though.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AlexGas

AlexGas Plumber GSR

Get an apprentice, that should work.

13. R1CKY

R1CKY Guest

Try a company called Mulsanne. I'm 24 with 3 points and they were the cheapest for me, still £1400 for a VW Caddy SDI (slowest diesel invented) though :(

14. Keefy

Keefy Plumber

Just put in my old Focus Sport registration plate and it was caught speeding on the 20th of this month.

Edit: I only just noticed you could 'view picture' haha. The location was literally down the road so it was very convincing. Yeah you got me.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  15. plum ber

plum ber Plumber

Been there, Done that, got caught, Got the tickets!!! Went to court and got away with it MANY MANY TIMES, my old man used to go APE!!!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.