Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Van insurance - recommendations / warnings?? in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Masood

Masood Guest

It's that time of year again, so would appreciate any recommendation / horror stories...

Cheers!

2. Atouchofgas

Atouchofgas Plumber GSR

3. Fallon1982

Fallon1982 Plumber

Gladiator for me. They found me cheapest van insurance and public liability.

4. Masood

Masood Guest

I had Gladiator for 3 years but last year they were really pricey...

5. stevetheplumber

stevetheplumber Plumber GSR

try aib although this year they were dearer for my daughters car

6. stevetheplumber

stevetheplumber Plumber GSR

wouldnt it be nice if we still had a broker who worked for us rather than on commision from the insurers

7. Masood

Masood Guest

Yep! What gets me is how you get different quotes but with the same underwriter. Shows how much profit some brokers make.

8. joni os

joni os Plumber

Aviva offered me renewal at £500+ and assured me it was their best offer. Went on line and got same cover with Aviva for less than £200. Most years I relied on automatic renewal, never again.

• Like Like x 2
  9. mountainman

mountainman Plumber GSR

And folk say that we are highwaymen!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Masood

Masood Guest

Sorted - a smidge under £500 fully comp. Full no claims (14 years although they only count 9), clean licence, 47 year old in London.

I'm about as low risk as your can get but that's the best I could get. Daylight robbery!

11. newcastle phill

newcastle phill Guest

I pay about that in newcastle with a total loss claim and bumped the neighbours merc when parking.
    So errrrr 2 years ncb ive got now.
    Expensive place that london !

12. Dan

Dan Admin