1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Van Insurance for 17 Year old in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. jstevens

jstevens Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2016
  2. Billy Bob Bob

Billy Bob Bob Guest

tried the compare sites meerkat and that mad confused bird with spikes?

3. Spanner2k7

Spanner2k7 Plumber GSR

Try directchoice.com got cheapest by far.

Regards

Spanner2k7

4. bob the plumber

bob the plumber Plumber GSR

I have paid my insurance all my life but if i was 17 again id just drive without it, its bloomin scandoulous! feel free to correct my spelling and put me right :)

5. Spanner2k7

Spanner2k7 Plumber GSR

Can please tell me why Third Party only is more expensive than Third Party Fire and Theft. Tesco just sent me a quote TPFT £670 TPO £1810.
    Just renewed mine, has any other insurance rocket up mine has nearly doubled. :( :( :(

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  6. shneld

shneld Guest

Its next to imposible to guess. Get a quote.

7. WHPES

WHPES Trusted Plumber GSR

If you are running it for your business try to put it with your business insurance and try NFU Mutual

8. GQuigley67

GQuigley67 Trusted Plumber GSR

aye, that mad confused bird that always pulls a microphone out her snatch:eek::eek::p:p have u noticed ? lol

9. PlumbBobBob

PlumbBobBob Guest

have to look closer next time lol.

10. REDSAW

REDSAW Well-Known Member

direct choice, direct choice, i say direct choice????????????

they sent me my renewal for £604 underwriter highway.

went on line go compare it came out at £445...with direct choice underwriter highway.
    highway robbery i say!!!!!!!!!!!1

it even came with £40 wine voucher free.

so i got them on the phone and they took it down to £475. worth the £30 having not to cancell and re-set up.

damn cheek.imo.

11. GQuigley67

She pulls a bunch of flowers out her snatch in this one :p:p

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/CaraConfused#p/u/0/HxdA9_BLyVE&kw=confused+advert+Exact[/video]

• Like Like x 2
  12. franky

franky Guest

13. Billy Bob Bob

Billy Bob Bob Guest

lol,lol,rotfpml

14. bobgarden

bobgarden Plumber GSR

What Van are you trying to insure. Thats allot even for a van. Maybe buy a small car to start with instead and build some NCB up etc

15. dontknowitall

dontknowitall Guest

Anyone know of any plumbers who reach retirement? Didn't think anyone (apart from those doing the promised £60k fast track courses) could afford to retire these days.

16. GQuigley67

I do, that have been employed all their lifes

17. snowden

snowden Guest

I work for Aviva and the reason why the prices are high is because we are covering everyone else against you. Your van may only be a few hundred quid but if you knock a child over then thats something crazy hundreds of thousands lost to the company. Give Aviva a go though as you get £500 tool cover and 1million property damage (may be £5mil, cant remember). We dont work on commission or trade on comparison websites so do a quote on website. Iv done quotes for 17 year olds at £600 but also seen them at £6000. Different areas, vans etc..

18. alexterry

alexterry Guest

Maybe a van is not the best idea for you. Perhaps go down the car with business insurance included, this might lower the premium!

I would recommend avoiding the comparisson websites as they are scared of young drivers full stop. My young cousin just tried to get a 1l corsa insured best quote he got was £1700 third party!

The best piece of advice I can give is to try to see independent brokers as they know some tricks! especially at the end of the month when they need to hit targets!

19. WHPES

WHPES Trusted Plumber GSR

Van insurance for me is about £220 per annum fully comprehensive ('96 Defender van).

This does not cover tools as these are on the business insurance.

20. SimonG

SimonG Plumber Top Contributor!!

Just had my renewal, £407 fully comp, got it for £238 fully comp on 07 Doblo. Ditto with the tools, but includes legal and couryesy van.

21. glenno1

glenno1 Guest

Mebee start with an estate car or small van and mebee vauxhall or ford range they seem to be cheaper to insure,possibly because they are cheaper to repair and have solid diesel engines

22. gavinwilson

gavinwilson Plumber

erm go on a parents insurance?

23. PlumbBobBob

PlumbBobBob Guest

that doesn't work any more. we tried it with our son's car it still came out the same (£2500!)

24. gavinwilson

gavinwilson Plumber

ah well cotton on to everything sooner or later dont they,as suggested then small engine car would be the cheapest option m8

25. GQuigley67

phone around and play them against each other, i got a much better deal than the top one on the comparison site with just a few phone calls, top one on comparison site was £2,400 fully comp(22 year old 2.2Tdci Van)I managed to get it down to £1,785

26. plumb

plumb Guest

Just drive without it! It costs that much for a reason - 17 year olds crash a lot and most are better off the road

27. lame plumber

lame plumber Plumber GSR

and stay at home all day!! lifes better in my van

28. plumb

plumb Guest

I thought the fast track courses were offering free Ferraris as well:19:

29. lame plumber

lame plumber Plumber GSR

30. Keefy

Keefy Plumber

Ha, go round a corner and fall out. Anyone know how much those Sooty vans are to insure? Rascal vans?

31. Dan

Dan Admin Top Contributor!!