Search the forum,

Discuss Van broken into - all power tools stolen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasmanxxxR1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Word of warning, the van was dead locked all round with expensive dead locks http://www.locks4vans.co.uk/products_locks_deadlocks.html

No problem what so ever the side door was just bent back and in they go.

The locksmith is now saying have a Clifford alarm fitted in stead of locks

Stay safe out there and dont get complacent, ive lost £2000+ of power tools plus assorted blades drill bits and knick-knacks i had picked up

Oh mate, that's sickening news to read. Stealing tools is pure scum. Whereabouts are you based? Post a list of the missing stuff, we can all share it on facebook, other groups, maybe someone will see it up for sale somewhere and can alert you?

Sorry to hear that and it's the stuff you don't know that they took that f you up :(

Hope their thieving fingers drop off along with their ball's.......b'stard's....Turnpin

There are times when sharia law makes sense. In a case of stealing a working man's tools the amputation should be without anaesthetic.

There are times when sharia law makes sense. In a case of stealing a working man's tools the amputation should be without anaesthetic.

Make him choose between both hands chopped off or 25mm auger bits bored through his knee caps and left in poking through the back. Lets see him back them out without a drill.

Make him choose between both hands chopped off or 25mm auger bits bored through his knee caps and left in poking through the back. Lets see him back them out without a drill.

That made me cringe just thinking of it.

Gutted for you mate. It's far to common an occurrence these days.

2010 Ford Transit parked in a carpark opposite my house, about 20 meters from the front door. Dewalt tools like impact driver, combi drill, sds drill, circ saw, recip saw, multi cutter, angle grinder, jigsaw, makita core drill, and a £650 Kewtech multi-tester.

Gutted isnt the word, im insured for about £1000 of it.

Thing is that when i had the locks installed on everydoor, including the cab, i was told that the van was extremely secure and that any theif would have trouble getting in. Looks like it about 30 secs. I religously locked the doors every night too.

Take all your power tools off your van, every night !!!!!!

So this is another Transit with its door peeled back?

I don't leave a screwdriver in my van at night, I wouldn't dare. It all comes in with me.

Had the garage opened back in August and they took a couple of old powertools but all the good stuff was inside.

The tw@ts will still bend the door down to have a look inside! The Transits seem to be easy to get in cos of the height of the doors above the hinges/sliders. Deadlocks fit quite low down if I recall so don't stop em bending doors.
Got a Stoplock van lock on back doors, Matlocks deadlocks on sliders and £400 worth of Clifford alarm/immobiliser fitted to me Scudo, power tools locked in a steel box in back. Gettin ferkin ridiculous, we should be allowed to nail gun the scumbags to telegraph poles, cover em in honey and unleash the Fire Ants!!!!!

IMG_20161215_101257009.jpg IMG_20161215_101302948.jpg IMG_20161215_140321037_HDR.jpg

Iv got locks4vans on my transporter... the side deadlock only goes into body work a few millimetres so I agree easy to force it & bypass that! I also have the good stuff in a van vault & an alarm system, with the van under cctv on the drive

Are you insured for the tools? I've got a spare Bosch multi drill 110v and transformer if you get stuck?

Insured for about a grands worth of it. Thanks for all the offers but im okay for tools, mates and family members have lent me theirs till i get sorted

Not far from you, Popley.

Big epidemic of it in B'stoke at the mo so be on your guard bud

Yeh I've heard, The company I work for have had a load of there vans broke into lately. Luckily mine goes in my garage overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van broken into - all power tools stolen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock