Search the forum,

Discuss Valiant Ecotec plus 831 conversion to system boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nvq level 3

Hi all,

I Have a client who has the above boiler and is wanting to add an unvented cylinder, underfloor heating etc in an extension. My question is can i convert the combi to a system boiler? If i can any ideas on the best method of doing this?

Thanks

Rob.

just keep the combi side for one outlet ie kitchen tap and use the heating side to heat the HW cyl and CH side via an s plan setup. timer wise, reove the boiler internal clock if there is one and insert an external programmer instead. Simple really and cheaper than buying a system boiler as well which normally cost more than combis!

Thanks, i was thinking about keeping 1 outlet for HW as their having a small down stairs WC which will be close to the boiler, The boiler does currently have internals programmer etc. Can i get the blank for that? it was fitted in 2011.

cheers.

probably. just disconnect it and leave in situ with a note to users that it wont work

Thanks for the advice, should save them a few ÂŁ on a new boiler.

if you leave the clock in it will have to be set to permenantly on personally i would remove it and get a blank if the customer is that fussed or just leave it if they are not theres no live parts behind it as the clock has pins that plug in

Last edited:
if you leave the clock in it will have to be set to permenantly on personally i would remove it and get a blank if the customer is that fussed or just leave it if they are not theres no live parts behind it as the clock has pins that plug in

only took me one line to say all that :)

Don't have the hot water & heating set to come on together would probably be enough.

What is the controls side of this boiler guy's- 24V I seem to remember ?

Are you going to be wiring your own system NVQ L3 ?

I have all necessary tickets. I would of fitted a 24kw system at most so should cope adequately he says! Nope won't be wiring it will get the Sparks to earn his money! Would this be difficult to wire? Cheers

I have all necessary tickets. I would of fitted a 24kw system at most so should cope adequately he says! Nope won't be wiring it will get the Sparks to earn his money! Would this be difficult to wire? Cheers
Sparks unlikely to know what to do as none standard S plan.

Boiler has a 24V control link wire which you remove to install a room stat for example, you will need to take a wire from one terminal of this to the greys of the zone valves & bring a wire back from the oranges (SWL) to the other terminal. The other 240V side of the controls is wired in the normal way.

Take care not to get it wrong boiler 24V controls do not like 240V :disappointed:

Last edited:
Ah right thanks some good info there. Ill make sure I show him this. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valiant Ecotec plus 831 conversion to system boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock