Search the forum,

Discuss Vailliant eco tec heat omnly on a s plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have a system upgraded in september that has developed a pipework vibration problem its not all the time checked the zone valves seem ok system running at 65 degrees speed 2 on a new Dab evo pump auto bypass fitted , gets quite loud for a short time then quietens down its not a air problem has a nrv on the common return back to the boiler thinking this maybe sticking so gonna have it out and the autobypass , anyone have any theories . cheers kop

Only when hot water is on ??

Can do it anytime bud but did it with heating and hotwater on the first time on sunday when it came on first thing . cheers kop

Definitely pipe noise ?
Not that trombone you get from the odd Vaillant?

Have you tried changing pump speed to see if the tone changes?

Yes last briefly put the pump speed down to 1 that brought it on i thinking there a restriction somewhere starting with the obvious, system is clean was jet flushed mag filter fitted and it is clean grrrr. Kop

I think you're on it!

I know you probably thought of this. Have you tried adjusting bypass when it's making noises?

Yes mate tried that took a little longer than i had expected to open up but no banging ? I will swap it anyway and gonna whip that nrv out aswell. Cheers kop

Why does it have NRV on return? Is it part of a cascade?

May even be the mag filter went for a plumbcity instinct one ? Not happening all the time though but customer has shut some rads off and down low on others when trvs close and hot water is satisfied it does vibrate down the return , hallway rad has no trv , Honeywell auto bypass so should handle it tricky one another vist today to try and improve it. Cheers kop.

Turned out to to be the boiler itself Valliant coming out Tuesday so will keep you posted guys . cheers kop

Was it the newer ecotec plus heat only with the alu hex and downward burner?

New heat exchanger fitted today under warranty down rated it to 15kw so hopefully sorted now . cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vailliant eco tec heat omnly on a s plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock