Search the forum,

Discuss vaillant thermal fuse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
with a vaillant ecotec, when the thermal fuse on the main heat exchanger goes is it possible to change it, I'm sure i've heard something about it not being possible, alson did a seach online and can only find the cable available as a spare

6 to 7 years, never been serviced, however in quite good condition except that fuse

1st time i've ever known one to go, and i've changed every other part of an ecotec

6 to 7 years, never been serviced, however in quite good condition except that fuse

1st time i've ever known one to go, and i've changed every other part of an ecotec

I've come across two up to now.
Both failed for no apparent reason.

Stupid idea!

The idea is that if it's overheated to the point we're that goes, it could have damaged the heat ex!

I've come across two up to now.
Both failed for no apparent reason.

Stupid idea!

The idea is that if it's overheated to the point we're that goes, it could have damaged the heat ex!

real easy and tempting to link that fuse out, easier than explaining to the customer about vaillants stupid idea to have an unchangable part

real easy and tempting to link that fuse out, easier than explaining to the customer about vaillants stupid idea to have an unchangable part

I know but then it falls on you.

I changed one complete boiler because the customer thought it better to do that and get the 7 years warranty instead of spending ÂŁ500 plus on changing heat ex.

The other was five years old and I created to the Rep about that part being unavailable and he arranged to sort it, which they did FOC

I know but then it falls on you.

I changed one complete boiler because the customer thought it better to do that and get the 7 years warranty instead of spending ÂŁ500 plus on changing heat ex.

The other was five years old and I created to the Rep about that part being unavailable and he arranged to sort it, which they did FOC

I know but then it falls on you
i'm only joking although feeling pretty frustrated. Its not a customers boilers, its a close family friend, and i'm now going to have to install a new boiler for free. need croppie to change the swearing and shouting rules, cant express what I think of vaillant right now without them

I know.
It's ridiculous not to be able to get hold of em.
I wouldn't mind but it does twist and pullout !
It fits into the heat ex flue way at the top.
You probably know that

Last edited:
I know.
It's ridiculous not to be able to get hold of em.
I wouldn't mind but it does twist and pullout !
It fits into the heat ex flue way at the top.
You probably know that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vaillant thermal fuse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock