Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant System Boiler- No Hot water but heating is working! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All.
I was wondering if i can get expert opinion from people here with the problem I have.
The Hot water is not working but heating is.

Background:
We recently moved in to our house after complete refurb. We have a Vaillant ecotec plus 624 system boiler and megaflo installed.

When we moved in we noticed that each time the hot water used to turn on the radiators would go on too. After couple of days It mainly became issue upstairs especially babies room radiator and bathroom radiator.

I tested the system by turning off all the radiators upstairs and turning on the hot water to see if anything happens to downstairs radiators. They did turn on or the pipes became hot.

When I open the radiators upstairs and downstairs and turn hot water on, only the radiators upstairs turn on.

So..

I called up the guys that installed it and explained all of this. They came Thursday had a look at motorised valve and said thats ok. They didnt have much clue and one of them then put a non retun valve in one of the pipes upstairs. (I think its from the upstairs radiator). Initially when they put the valve it started making a grunting noise as the hot water was turned on. they changed the valve and it settled.

Under the boiler the return pipe was warm.

They said this should be okay now.

Since the work they carried out I have no water. Heating is working ok. When I switch on hot water the boiler starts up but no hot water.

I went up in the loft where the megaflo is and the pipe that says 'primary flow' is cold and the primary return pipe is cold as well. There was a red tap on the return pipe which was cold i turned that and the return pipe is hot but still no hot water.

I dont know what to do and would appreciate any thoughts you all have!

Thanks

yg

Call them back, do not touch anything if you don't know what it is or does.

If it is a completely new system & pipework then they have piped it up incorrectly a new system should not have a non-return installed.

The worrying thing is if they can't install the heating system correctly has the un-vented (Megaflo) been installed correctly & signed off to Building Control ?

Give them one more go to put things right, otherwise you need to find someone else.

Agree with Chris could we see some pics of the install

As asked for Photos would be a great help, may be a good idea not to use anything until it has been checked and tested to make sure it is safe, you have a potential Bomb in your loft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant System Boiler- No Hot water but heating is working! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock