Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Plus 831 v Ideal Vogue Logic Plus 40KW v Worcester Si Compact 30 KW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your fitter some sort of cretin? The valves on heating and hot water are back to front. Check valve (long one ) goes on cold water and short one on heating! Read the mfrs instructions!!!!!!!! Bit of paper comes in packet with filling loop showing orientation !!!!!!!!

Yeh vogue and logic same flue system. Pipe work same at bottom I think.

The daylight coming through behind the bracket is a bit of a problem though. Wall should be made good inside and out. Not permitted to have a vent or penetration within 300mm of a flue.

Get the holes filled then get your self a free gas safe inspection because your fitter is a !!!!

I'd like to get a free gas safe inspection after all the comments on here but from this link: Free gas safety inspection

It states " We will select work for inspection from the nominations submitted and if your property is selected we will contact you within six months to arrange a site visit. Unfortunately we cannot inspect every installation and therefore advise that your property may not be selected for inspection and you may not be contacted. "

I'd like to be certain of getting one - is there any other way?

Your fitter is a cretin. The filling loop is still wrong. Long one on cold short one on ch. is he blind? In the packet he got bits out of is a diagram, it's in the book, even the freakin valve is labeled.

Swaged joints are a bit of a strange one, a soldering westco 15mm coupler costs me 11p. Is lad gas safe? Just go on website and check .... Please for your and your family's sake!

Yes call gas safe tell them you think your installation is unsafe after speaking to a qualified you would like to raise a complaint about the installer..... Oh but he will probably only get a letter from GS . Hope he's got a flue gas analyser!

Ha ha where are we off to?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to offend. But who in their right mind employs a person to work on a gas appliance in their home when they clearly have a total lack of trust or faith in their abilities?! Honest opinion is the work doesn't look great. But you know that. It doesn't take an "expert" to spot that. So why are you persevering? Cheapness?

We should all put a picture of are next gas boiler installation or combi swap what do u think.
It's easy to come on here and criticise somebody's work its not the best in my option but its not the worst I've seen either.
Applumbing I agree why have somebody in ure house u don't trust doesn't make sense to me get a few more quotes from other plumbing firms ( u can get a feel for somebody who would do a good job )
A person who says then can do everything alarm bells should have been ringing straight away
Don't mean to a offend just saying

I don't want to offend. But who in their right mind employs a person to work on a gas appliance in their home when they clearly have a total lack of trust or faith in their abilities?! Honest opinion is the work doesn't look great. But you know that. It doesn't take an "expert" to spot that. So why are you persevering? Cheapness?

I have full trust and faith in his abilities. I've seen other work he has done and I wasn't checking up on him. I just wanted to share the whole experience with everyone on here especially as it's a relatively new boiler. In fact my first post was to decide on what boiler to get (can't leave a story unfinished can I?)

Then I started getting comments from people, which made me investigate further.

There is nothing wrong with that? I actually feel bad that I have to tell him he has done it wrong! He will actually wonder how I know!!

I have full trust and faith in his abilities. I've seen other work he has done and I wasn't checking up on him. I just wanted to share the whole experience with everyone on here especially as it's a relatively new boiler. In fact my first post was to decide on what boiler to get (can't leave a story unfinished can I?)

Then I started getting comments from people, which made me investigate further.

There is nothing wrong with that? I actually feel bad that I have to tell him he has done it wrong! He will actually wonder how I know!!

He knows what's wrong! He is a cowboy! Looks like it was done on a price on a Saturday by a crack addict!

We should all put a picture of are next gas boiler installation or combi swap what do u think.
It's easy to come on here and criticise somebody's work its not the best in my option but its not the worst I've seen either.
Applumbing I agree why have somebody in ure house u don't trust doesn't make sense to me get a few more quotes from other plumbing firms ( u can get a feel for somebody who would do a good job )
A person who says then can do everything alarm bells should have been ringing straight away

Again, I did get several quotes (see first post) and I have full trust in his abilities. He doesn't do it all alone either. This is my first time that I've actually had a new boiler fitted, so I just wanted to seek experienced feedback from people on here (actually a friends recommended it ..!)

It's been an eye opener so I thank everyone!

Defo a gr8 idea

Again, I did get several quotes (see first post) and I have full trust in his abilities. He doesn't do it all alone either. This is my first time that I've actually had a new boiler fitted, so I just wanted to seek experienced feedback from people on here (actually a friends recommended it ..!)

It's been an eye opener so I thank everyone!

Have u found him on GS register?

Your fitter is a cretin. The filling loop is still wrong. Long one on cold short one on ch. is he blind? In the packet he got bits out of is a diagram, it's in the book, even the freakin valve is labeled.

Swaged joints are a bit of a strange one, a soldering westco 15mm coupler costs me 11p. Is lad gas safe? Just go on website and check .... Please for your and your family's sake!

Yes he is! I checked before, and I have just checked again.

I'm inclined to believe the op about the fitter. Yes it's a bit rough, but barring swapping a few valves and the boiler not falling off the wall I'm sure it'll be safe.
Iff his works that untidy I wouldn't have him do anymore work for me, definately not the kitchen. I can't imagine what will be hidden behind the units.
Jack of all trades master of none springs to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Plus 831 v Ideal Vogue Logic Plus 40KW v Worcester Si Compact 30 KW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock