Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Plus 831 v Ideal Vogue Logic Plus 40KW v Worcester Si Compact 30 KW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one would disregard GSIUR to that extent! Sure meter is capped and temporary cross bonding in place

Zebedy, i think your being a little critical of the engineer, let him finish the job before you rip it to shreds, yes it looks rough but he might be fairly new to the game and its not finished yet

Hopefully there is a gsr and it's not the op chancing his arm with us.

Not easy to tell but I'm watching this one see how it pans out!

Zebedy, i think your being a little critical of the engineer, let him finish the job before you rip it to shreds, yes it looks rough but he might be fairly new to the game and its not finished yet

In other words , zebedy. Wind your neck in!

It is quite rough though. Is it one if AP,s jobs?

Ok so how was the installer going to make good the old flue hole behind the boiler after he hung it? Make the external opening so huge he could get access? Or just crumple up template and shove in..... Ideal templates are card so it's much harder than with a Baxi.

Why was the reskim not done before hanging the boiler? It'll never be done now and it'll always look poor. Will painting the pipes add more strength to the runs, negating the use of clips, could be one excuse for not using even one! That much burn for what looks like a pressure relief is poor newbie or not.

Reskim the customers project management but rest down to mate safe combi cowboy! Some one else did pipe work? Perhaps Ray Charles is back in the game?

This old boy never getting paid custurd got that much ammo on him thanks to a pack of arm chair critiques....

Check valve is built into the filling loop assembly as supplied by ideal and meets all water regs.

Vogue updates either done in factory or by ideal once registered. Free of charge!

Get Flue clip sorted and turn boiler off until its safe!

It's illegal to leave un commissioned gas appliance connected to gas supply!

So why is there a check valve on CH side ? Do they fit two ? One on cold feed side as well ?

It's fitted incorrectly! Check should be on DCW. And ball valve on return. Obviously a competent and well read installer. The system will never fill with valves in that configuration. More detailed review of components and mfr instructions in future! The valves have arrows on them to aid install. Probably just going to use ex filling loop!

Sometimes those fill loops only come with one iso valve! You have to fit check valve on return or the loop cannot be disconnected otherwise!!

Logic plus and vogue come with Iso valve on heating and ISo check valve and removable link as standard. If you have had a boiler with incomplete or defective one call ideal and they will happily send you a replacement. The early logic plus filling assembly (blue knob and u shaped link) had and issue with the check valve sticking and not allowing water to pass in to system. Mostly the 2010 models

Yeah sorry you did'nt get paid pal, I will send you some clips in post as compo :devilish:
If you could champ that would be ace. I though that this install was one of my best to date was even going to submit it to the gas safe inspector but you boys have sunk that battleship. Anyway chaps I'm off to resume my old vocation of chewing bread for ducks.

Hi All,

Sorry about the delay in updating everyone .. the boiler didn't come in end yesterday but ended up coming today so we have now had that fitted .... I still don't like the pipework - the new gas pipe is upgraded now. Someone needs to tell me what needs doing to correct the pipework issues - I understand there should be a valve fitted somewhere?????

Even if the pictures I paste can be annotated and sent back that would be a great help ...... The guy is a nice fella, but I want this done correctly..

IMG-20130821-WA0013_zps96fc05ea.jpg

IMG-20130821-WA0005_zps61a0e189.jpg

IMG-20130821-WA0006_zpsd3338f36.jpg

IMG-20130821-WA0002_zps9f861834.jpg
Yes I know the flexible part should be up against the wall ...

Hmmmmm well he isn't new to the game ... and this is worrying me !

Hopefully there is a gsr and it's not the op chancing his arm with us.

Not easy to tell but I'm watching this one see how it pans out!

I'm not an op if that's what you are asking ....

Is there someone in the South West part of London here who wants to come and actually look and verify ....???

Ok so how was the installer going to make good the old flue hole behind the boiler after he hung it? Make the external opening so huge he could get access? Or just crumple up template and shove in..... Ideal templates are card so it's much harder than with a Baxi.

Good point !!

Why was the reskim not done before hanging the boiler? It'll never be done now and it'll always look poor. Will painting the pipes add more strength to the runs, negating the use of clips, could be one excuse for not using even one! That much burn for what looks like a pressure relief is poor newbie or not.

Tbh to keep costs down as I've already had to get some new rads in some rooms. Also, we're tiling and creating a box around the pipe work so it'll be hidden behind all this ....

I'm surprised no one mentioned the two little screws holding up the bracket for this big heavy boiler lol :p

And that pipework is a mess if I'm honest. Looks a right mash up, I don't care what anyone says.

I'm calling DIY job. And for that reason I'm oooout!

WOW okay .... Do I need to post a picture of the guys van tomorrow to prove it's not me? I don't want to put the guy out of business but I will if need be!

I actually need some advice please as when I asked him about the valve he didn't think it was necessary!

I don't want to offend. But who in their right mind employs a person to work on a gas appliance in their home when they clearly have a total lack of trust or faith in their abilities?! Honest opinion is the work doesn't look great. But you know that. It doesn't take an "expert" to spot that. So why are you persevering? Cheapness?

I think you are an air con or refrigeration guy? 2 things how did you get pictures of an incomplete install, there's is no pressure in the boiler when pics were taken, so you either blatantly did this infront of " your guy" or you fit it yourself, swaging of pipes in the 2 trades mentioned above is thier trick, I know some GSR's do this but most use sockets!

I don't want to offend. But who in their right mind employs a person to work on a gas appliance in their home when they clearly have a total lack of trust or faith in their abilities?! Honest opinion is the work doesn't look great. But you know that. It doesn't take an "expert" to spot that. So why are you persevering? Cheapness?

He was recommended ! We were getting a new kitchen and I thought it would be a good time to get the boiler done! The reason I can take the pictures is because I actually live here .... he's been each day to redo the floor in the kitchen, fix the ceiling, plaster, power flush etc

Perhaps it's my mistake for picking someone who can do pretty much everything and I should have gone for just someone who does boilers ...

I think you are an air con or refrigeration guy? 2 things how did you get pictures of an incomplete install, there's is no pressure in the boiler when pics were taken, so you either blatantly did this infront of " your guy" or you fit it yourself, swaging of pipes in the 2 trades mentioned above is thier trick, I know some GSR's do this but most use sockets!

See my previous post on how I got the pictures ....

I'm surprised no one mentioned the two little screws holding up the bracket for this big heavy boiler lol :p

Ideal supply it with two 8mm coach bolts and plugs that's it. We use six 150mm concrete hex screws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Plus 831 v Ideal Vogue Logic Plus 40KW v Worcester Si Compact 30 KW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock