Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecotecplus 837 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico

Gas Engineer
Hi guys was hoping someone could shed some light.

Boiler had locked out on a F61 fault code: earth/ground leakage, earth leakage within gas coil, fault with PCB.

Reset boiler and started working fine. Measured between earth and neatural and highest reading I got was 0.08. Spoke to my friend who is an electrian and told me this isn’t the correct way to check for earth leakage.

Any help would be appreciated as my electrical skills would be very basic

He's correct you need a special tester for earth leakage

Might be worth asking him to pop back with you and get him to do the tests etc

Unfortunately he is based in Glasgow but at present I am based in belfast. What tester is required is it an expensive piece of kit? Is there and literature on this where I would be able to learn how to diagnose faults like this correctly?

Cheers Shaun from the reply

Yes there about 200 for the tester

And there is but tbh you need to know the figures etc

@leesparkykent

When I was on the phone to my mate it did sound a bit advance that’s why I was seeking a bit of advice just incase I come up against something like that again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant ecotecplus 837 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock