Search the forum,

Discuss vaillant ecotec 831 S53 !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

RoryD

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Boiler banging and crashing;Was able to easily stop the pump; found plenty of sludge residue in secondary Heat Exchanger. Fitted magnaclean, Magnacleansed system, replaced pump & 2ndary h/ exchanger. All fires well, heat circulates well. On DHW the water is luke warm 35ish degrees. Boiler modulates low. discovered S53 and all that goes with it. Read H/ exchanger is an issue & software fault. Others mention adjust the bypass. If anyone does know please help me out. Thanks.

If sludged up likely to be main hex, sadly you can’t fully clean them, as they split to 3/5 coils .
Hope this helps

If sludged up likely to be main hex, sadly you can’t fully clean them, as they split to 3/5 coils .
Hope this helps
Thank you Jay. I have an update.
It seems Vaillant Technical help isn't what it used to be. They inform to clean the boiler out thoroughly and check the Thermistors, which seems a pretty standard response.
I returned today cleaned out much of everything..there was some deposits not as bad as I thought it would be.
I then opened the by pass by just over a turn which would help to increase flow across the boiler and prevent this over engineered issue. It worked. I could have saved myself a lot of trouble by doing this instead of stripping / cleaning the boiler pipes and block where I could.

did you clean the bypass as ive seen a few that were restricted

did you clean the bypass as ive seen a few that were restricted
No Shaun, just decided to give it a try and it worked very well. It was just over a turn. It's an issue I suspect will raise it's head more frequently. It seemed to be a different Plate to plate. May not be the reason but just seems coincidental. Either way the by pass is the solution.

Sludge sticks in the rubber hose parts, unless they have been replaced with coppers.

Reply to vaillant ecotec 831 S53 !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock