Discuss Vaillant EcoTec 831 - no heating but hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have an issue with our central heating. The hot water works fine but we have no heat coming from the radiators and yet strangely we do from the towel rails. Any ideas?

So far I've tried reducing the boiler pressure by bleeding the radiator as it had gone into the red zone. It is now in normal range but still doesn't work.

The display is showing an egg timer symbol and a symbol that looks like a circle with a dark wedge missing.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Guy

Is it the combi or system boiler, sounds like the system boiler if so fault is not the boiler but one of the external controls photo of cylinder cupboard if poss

Unless there are zones you will probably have to get out a gas safe engineer

Thanks for your comments. Yes the thermostat is turned up and even when there's the flame symbol on the thermostat, the radiators are cold. It seems to be firing ok but not a lot happening. Yet there's hot water...

You will need a gas engineer my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant EcoTec 831 - no heating but hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back