Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Eco Tec Plus 637 - issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a s plan with no bypass below boiler.

d2 safety relief in overflow pipe... Not to regulations. That would just melt if it discharged.

I would guess the boiler is not wired correctly, more likely an installer fault than a new vaillant boiler playing up already!? Don't be surprised if vaillant charge you for the call out!

Thanks for all your responses it has been helpful, today had the engineer from vaillant to look at the issue, turns out the boiler is not wired properly, the timer is just opening the values as per the setting and not receiving/sending any signals to boiler to turn off or on. The boiler is always in demand mode hence starting every 20 mins once the temperature goes below the flow temperature set.

He also pointed out to replace the D2 safety relief pipe in plastic and check if the cylinder has internal expansion vessel for sure.
I read the manual for excelsior it says it has an internal expansion by providing a volume of air above the water level inside the cylinder and has an Air Gap Device that recharges the air gap when water is drawn this all sounds good but how can check if the fitter has fitted it properly?

The fitter is returning tomorrow to correct the issues, hope he does else would ask you guys again to suggest a plumber / installer to correct the issue.

Regards,
Santhosh

easy repair then on the wiring just boiler need SWL back from wiring centre ....
air bubble if isnt there you will be seen water dripping from discharge pipe

That's if there is a wiring Center And not just a ball of wires and insulation tape!

Hello Forum,
I had the installer comeback and correct the wiring, when the timer is in auto mode boiler turns on and off as per the settings in the timer. where as when the timer is in continuous mode the boiler always stays in demand mode (radiator icon displayed in the boiler display panel) boiler starts and shuts off atleast 8 - 10 times in an hour.

Spoke to vaillant they suggested to check the pressure in the boiler and bleed air from all the radiators and make an appointment if it continues the same, the builder came around this evening and increased the pressure to 1.2 bar and released air from all the radiators but that hasn't helped.

I feel wiring issue is not completely corrected, how ever he says he has followed what has been suggested in the boiler and timer manual. Don't want to call vaillant as if its wiring issue their engineer had already told that it will be charged next time unless it is corrected before the next visit. Do you guys feel it to be a wiring issue?

Many thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
When u say starts and shuts off. Does it power off? Does the burner shut down ? Does the pump stop? Sounds like possibly flow reaching temp and boiler just modulating down? Possibly partial load too high?

When u say starts and shuts off. Does it power off? Does the burner shut down ? Does the pump stop? Sounds like possibly flow reaching temp and boiler just modulating down? Possibly partial load too high?

yes, the burner comes on when the boiler starts, stays on for about 2 mind and goes off then the timer icon is displayed and the heat sink fan will be on for 10 mins then boiler completely turns off after five mins starts again this repeats for ever.

Recovery time 3ms! Boiler well over sized. U needed 837 combi or perhaps a better solution would have been 24kw system boiler.

before ordering this model I checked on vaillant site with my requirement and it suggested this model and also the fitter and builder had suggested this :(

Of course it did. Maximising profits is the name of the corporate game.
Just look it up on the web and Bobs your mothers brother for all the answers :smile:

I think the problem is that the installer has left the 24v rs link in the boiler
This needs to be taken out when using external controls hense why the boiler is on constantly on
the reason it keeps going on and off all the time is that the boiler is just pumping round a small circuit when the zone valves are shut then when it reaches 75 degrees will turn off eventually the boiler will overheat and u will have to keep re setting it
When the zone valves are open ie when on at the proggramer the boiler will work fine
Should be a simple fix really hope I explained this ok

Good shout Phil. Overlooked that one as it is mentioned somewhere (can't be bothered reading through it all) that vaillant came outÂż
Btw i wonder why have they made the new links a bit bare silver wire you can (well i can't) hardly see instead of a nice bit bright red? Maybe to reap some call out cash??

Good shout Phil. Overlooked that one as it is mentioned somewhere (can't be bothered reading through it all) that vaillant came outÂż
Btw i wonder why have they made the new links a bit bare silver wire you can (well i can't) hardly see instead of a nice bit bright red? Maybe to reap some call out cash??

Me think :
if the link was in the Vaillant engineer would have seen it !?

Me think :
if the link was in the Vaillant engineer would have seen it !?

Doesn't look like the vallient engineer has resolved the prob from the last post it still sounds like the boiler is constantly on to me that can only point to the live link being left in

Is the programmer opening and closing the zone valves ?

Doesn't look like the vallient engineer has resolved the prob from the last post it still sounds like the boiler is constantly on to me that can only point to the live link being left in

Is the programmer opening and closing the zone valves ?

Valiant engineer probably wouldn't have noticed! Had older one with f78 code - air bubble in pressure sensor... Valiant have a kit which lifts sensor up 5 mm custard paid for 3 parts service thing..... Got a pump expansion and something else!

Stops the boiler pinching your mountain bike and going out for a midnight ride around the block

I think the problem is that the installer has left the 24v rs link in the boiler
This needs to be taken out when using external controls hense why the boiler is on constantly on
the reason it keeps going on and off all the time is that the boiler is just pumping round a small circuit when the zone valves are shut then when it reaches 75 degrees will turn off eventually the boiler will overheat and u will have to keep re setting it
When the zone valves are open ie when on at the proggramer the boiler will work fine
Should be a simple fix really hope I explained this ok

Thanks Phil, when in auto mode the zone valves open and close as per the time no issues.
today the engineer from vaillant came around again, he said the thermostat temperature was more than the flow temperature in the boiler hence it was repeatedly turning on and off, then he changed the temperature in the boiler to 70 and set the thermostat temperature to 65 and said it should be fine now and left. He also reduced the load to 24KW from 36KW.
After these changes the boiler was on for 25 mins at one stretch to heat up the water in the cylinder after that it's starting once every 15 mins for 3 mins and shutting off. when it starts the burner comes on for 2-3 mins then the extractor fan with runs for 8 mins this continues so there is constant noise either burner or fan :( will check with the installer if he has removed the 24v rs link as you suggested.

Regards,

.........yes

20131001_165200.jpg

I can see the 24v pin is removed, is that what you guys were referring ?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Eco Tec Plus 637 - issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock