Discuss Vaillant boiler pump leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Vaillant Thermocompact boiler which is getting on for 20 years old, and yesterday the pump started leaking with a steady drip from the bottom of the housing. I have been advised that we can't fit a replacement boiler in this position in the house because of the flue exit on to next door's land. Replacement would seem to require the boiler being resited to the other side of the house, which would be a huge job (quoted around 15k by two independents). Pump is part number 59866513, which I can't find on t'net. Any ideas, anyone?

15k is way to much that's a new system

Any pictures?

Thanks guys, first pic shows the installation - the flue goes directly out of the wall on the left which is the boundary with next door. 20 yrs ago this was OK, now not, apparently.
The second pic shows the space above the boiler - the flue is directly below the first floor landing level shown. Coming up through that floor would be tricky as it's concrete beam and block hanging on 150 steel I beams. It would also be right in the way of access to the second floor stairs shown. Again the two-storey wall on the left is the boundary. IMG_5404.jpgIMG_5405.png

Flue terminal pic please ?

Why can they not take the flue through the wall as is and then go straight up with a vertical flue?

Need an Engineer to look and measure up. Give you more options. There may well be a reason it cannot be done that way.

I seem to remember there was some issue with the length of the flue to get high enough.
Engineer's coming on Monday, I can now see that it's the small air vent on top of the pump that's leaking. Don't know if the plastic cap should be screwed down tight? It's not at the moment.

Best to get a gas safe engineer to sort it its a easy fix , a new boiler could go there but you would need to be creative with the flue and on good terms with your neighbour as a enginneer would need access to your property from theirs . Cheers kop

20180130_123615.jpg

20150825_123711.jpg

Reply to Vaillant boiler pump leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back