Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant and Honeywell DT99e help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Masey

Gas Engineer
Can't seem to get the stat to control the Vaillant pro24. Have I got this right? The boiler just runs on heating and won't switch off. I then removed the 24v link and it had the opposite effect. Wouldn't switch back on. It's a Honeywell DT90e by the way.

I have a Vaillant mechanical 150 time clock.

b87c4aeb5f9182ae589f5fd8623d046f.jpg

98e9ea4820fe350fef23185222cc4211.jpg

1d7205fcf17b1a238920abb81d7d58cc.jpg

Last edited:
you have linked the live and switch live which will give permanent live to the boiler, C should be the live back to the boiler

A live B neutral C switch live

So where does the switched live (terminal c) go on the boiler? I thought it only needed 2 core from the boiler to the thermostat?

i presume RT is room thermostat so one will be live to thermostat and one will be switch live back you need a live and neutral at the thermostat for the digital display and the the switch live back to the RT if you remove your wires and turn on power to the boiler check the connections on RT one will be 240 one will be 0 the switch live goes to the one which is zero you can at a pinch use your 3 core use live and neutral and use the earth as the switch live but make sure to llabel somehow both ends (eg red or brown insulation tape)

Have you removed the link pin on the Pcb? You wire in just a switched live signal in to the purple RT but you must removed the link on the Pcb or it won't work. Second photo where it says RT on the White PCB block that has to be removed.

Vaillant
Remove bridge
Bridge live to A on receiver
Wire B to RT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant and Honeywell DT99e help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hello, I hope someone can give some advice with this problem. I have a Vaillant ecoTec plus 418 with Drayton MA1 mid-position actuator, Drayton HTS3 cylinder stat, Honeywell DT90E room stat and Drayton LP522 controller. Boiler fires up reliably, but after it cuts out as soon as the DHW...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to light. One has to push a lot more firmly down on the control slide to get it to light. At which point, all is fine. The pilot is good, new battery...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an internal programmer that is similar to a time switch 120 (plug in seven day programmer) This programmer is connect to a terminal strip using 345 (three...
Replies
Views
We have a Megaflo CL210 Cyclinder along with Evohome hot water kit and have come across a problem. We have had solar installed and a Myenergi Eddi solar diverter for hot water but when the Honeywell was originally installed they removed the bottom thermostat probe and inserted the Evohome...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock