Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant 824 leaking diverter question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPC

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've got an old 824 with a leaking diverter. Its leaking at the big round nut type thing at the front which clamps the electric part in place. My question is can I buy a replacement same type diverter and just change the inners as oppose to stripping it all out and replacing the complete valve. Similar to a tap insert swap if you like.
IMAG0282.jpg

Don't think so mate. They are prone to this problem though. Easy enough to change.

You will find that the part that is leakin is the pin and nylon block in the middle of that Valve. Not the valve head

Reactions: SPC
That is the nut I'm thinking could I undo and swap the internals. I've got to change get it either way

As I said before mate. Complete valve as far as I am aware and I have changed loads

Have you ever tried to change the internals on them or always gone for the complete valve and how long do you normally allow for changing it

Vaillant wouldn't give me the part number for the internals if they do them, so always a new valve but if you find the part number for the innards then please let me know. I can do them in less then an hour but I would allow an hour and a bit for my first one.

Easy change. If you take out the screw on the bottom left hand side of the pump you will also have a bit more movement to take the diverter out.

Reactions: SPC
Well I swapped the complete diverter today. Looked at trying to change the inners but I didn't try too hard as I didn't want to risk breaking the new valve. However logically the internals get put in there so you must be able to change them somehow. I have kept the old one to have a go at bastardising it see what I can figure out. The complete change was straight forward enough but swapping the inners would be much easier.

Well I swapped the complete diverter today. Looked at trying to change the inners but I didn't try too hard as I didn't want to risk breaking the new valve. However logically the internals get put in there so you must be able to change them somehow. I have kept the old one to have a go at bastardising it see what I can figure out. The complete change was straight forward enough but swapping the inners would be much easier.

big hammer normally works :D

About Us

This is what you're looking for I think.

Never used this so I can't say how good it is, probably wouldn't bother either.

About Us

This is what you're looking for I think.

Never used this so I can't say how good it is, probably wouldn't bother either.

Absolutely marvellous!

God knows why Vaillant didn't do something like this. Their boilers over priced pieces of tat...... with a poor main heat exchanger...

Absolutely marvellous!

God knows why Vaillant didn't do something like this. Their boilers over priced pieces of tat.... with a poor main heat exchanger...
I like vaillant :Dand with the long warranty that I give. If there is every an issue they come and fix it for nothing anyway.;)

I have fitted maybe 100+ Vaillants never had an issue with any of them and the issues they do have are easily diagnosed and fixed, no messing around with any parts, lots of space, easy to service, really nothing to complain about other than those silly rubber hoses which they replaced with the most expensive copper in the world.

This old diverter has now been superseded. you can no longer replace the motor when required. Your problem however is the valve itself. You have to buy the whole unit at a very high cost. I recognise vaillant as penny pinching rip offs for their parts and will never recommend them for cystomers who put their trust in me.

This old diverter has now been superseded. you can no longer replace the motor when required. Your problem however is the valve itself. You have to buy the whole unit at a very high cost. I recognise vaillant as penny pinching rip offs for their parts and will never recommend them for cystomers who put their trust in me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant 824 leaking diverter question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock