Search the forum,

Discuss Vailant Eco Tec 630 Plus Filling Loop leaking not refilling system bucket collecting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cheshire_set

Hello we have a Valiant Eco Tec 630 plus which was functioning fine however the pressure was low so we opened up the filling loop - water came out of the loop system under pressure 'like a back pressure' from within the sytem itself which meant water was spraying out from the valve head until both vakves were turned off however the valve on the heating side of thr system is now dripping constantly... I could buy another filling loop but what concerns me is why is there pressure of this nature in the CH side of the system...what is causing it to in effect 'blow' the filling loop valve so water escapes everywhere and it is then resistant to being filled...surely the pressure should be the other way round? Some photos attached. Thanks for any advice given...need to fix this today ideally as no hot water or heating 113.jpg116.jpg122.jpg

Re: Vailant Eco Tec 630 Plus Filling Loop leaking not refilling system bucket collect

Hi
Where are you reading the system (heating) pressure from ?
If it is from the pressure gauge & it looks low try pushing the - button on the control panel it should give you a digital display reading in bar.

If you had the valve open on the heating side and there was any amount of system pressure left in the heating system water would come back out at pressure.

Last edited:
Re: Vailant Eco Tec 630 Plus Filling Loop leaking not refilling system bucket collect

the presure gauge on the front of the systemis down at 0 see photo and when you try to turn the boiler on it custs out as pressure briefly showed at 0.3 bar, if you open the valve of the filling pipe on the heating side the water just gushes out into the bucket I assume draining the system? why when the valve is switched off does it just keep on dripping? sorry just read I am not allowed to post attachments so can't share photos..
In the past when filling up the system no issues just turn one valve then the other watch it fill close both valves and everything OK...

Just to check, in your picture is the heating side the left or the right hand valve as you look at it

Heating valve is letting by ?
It can be caused by dirt in the seating but that is what the caps are for screw the cap on tight once system up to the required pressure.

So long as water stops dripping from valve / cap then it will be fine if not valve will need to be replaces.

If you have to keep topping it up you have a leak that needs to be found & repaired, are you adding inhibitor to the system water?

Well done you for removing the filling loop hose in between uses as well

What's happened to the missing nut on the top of the check valve ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vailant Eco Tec 630 Plus Filling Loop leaking not refilling system bucket collecting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Hey, I've got a Grant Vortex that's leaking water from the seal around the expansion vessel - it's the round type about 50cm wide. The system is at 1.5 - 2 bar, but the expansion vessel has no air in it, and it's leaking water. No water is coming out of the Schrader valve either. The system...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
I have a combi boiler with a leak. It has been leaking for years but the landlord has rarely gotten it serviced (last was 2 years ago). Anyway, because of this leak, we have to refill the boiler every day. The old filling loop has no taps, just screws, and, after 2 years of using a screwdriver...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock