Search the forum,

Discuss Urgent help with radiator fitting not tightening in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sammi-666

I am fitting a new radiator and the fitting going into the side of the radiator is not tightening up, I have tried pte tape and now at the end of my tether I have to get it fixed before my new carpet comes tmrw, please and help would be great

Try using a bit more PTFE tape, maybe 20 turns and see how you go with that.

Is it all in line? Is it starting to tighten up at all?

Is it the radiator tail into the radiator or the valve onto the pipe your having trouble with , which ever one is it going in so far and spinning or are you just not getting a start with the thread ( possibly crossed thread and will struggle to take a bite )

If its the tail into rad , sometimes too much ptfe tape can make it hard to get a start,
I think its the lockshield which you will need a spanner as the nut just spins freely ,

Are you putting the tape on the right way?

It has to go on the correct way, if you don't apply it in the right direction it just unwinds.

Don't use hemp and paste its a nightmare for the next guy who comes to undo it. Use loctite 55 instead and a smear of jet blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urgent help with radiator fitting not tightening in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems to be slightly smaller than 22 mm compression fitting and when I tighten the compression nut the whole fitting is easily sliding off the pipe and...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I hope someone might be able to help please. I hope this isn't a daft question. I am trying to remove the side panels on my radiator to get in to clean it, but they seem to be secured by a small screw underneath (on the valve housing). Can someone please advise me if I can just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock