Search the forum,

Discuss Upstairs radiators not getting warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conventional system with hot water cylinder, radiators and gas boiler new. While ago had new three port valve fitted, plumber did not drain system but went in loft to header tank to block what I guess was water feed. Since then upstairs radiators many times do not get warm. Have found solution is to turn pump from top speed to slow and then quickly back to fast again. works 9 times out of 10 but sometimes have to repeat again. Have had plumber back but says everything is o.k. feels as though there could be an air lock. Once I have turned pump up and down and back up again it runs fine. Any help greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Slacken large screw in centre of pump until small amount of water emerges then retighten.

Thanks will try that tomorrow, does it sound as though there is a slight air lock. Thanks p.s. do I do that with the pump not running

Last edited:
I have done that but problem still exists, might I have to vent a couple of times to get rid of at Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Upstairs radiators not getting warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock