Search the forum,

Discuss upcoming OFTEC course. Advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JD89

Hello people, my employer has decided to put me on a OFTEC course (3 days training and 2 days assessments) I'm not GS or anything so I'm about nervous the lads on my level 3 who are OFTEC tell me it's pretty easy but I'm unsure of what I should be looking into so I'm prepared as I can be.

My employer has sent off a cheque for the books along with a application form for the course.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Breathe and pay attention.

And don't be afraid to ask questions. On here too.

Breathe and pay attention.

And don't be afraid to ask questions. On here too.

thanks for the reply. Is there anything I should be reading up on like flues, ventilation etc? Or do I just chill out and wait until I start the course?

Just chill out, son. With the background you already have you'll be in good stead.

You'll find guys on the course who wouldn't know where to start with a simple s plan.

Just chill out, son. With the background you already have you'll be in good stead.

You'll find guys on the course who wouldn't know where to start with a simple s plan.

That's good to hear. Thanks for your time pal. Hope business is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to upcoming OFTEC course. Advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the industrial gas market. That ranges from installing cryogenic storage tanks, pumps and pipework to high pressure Hydrogen systems and bulk LNG. My work has...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock