Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented vs 38KW worcester 38kw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jay2k

I had 4-5 guys come in with all having different proposals.

Pressure is 3 bar, flow rate using a crude bucket is about 25 liters in 20-30 seconds.

I just need to have two showers working at 7:30am without fuss.

Option 1: Re-use 10 year old Main HE 24KW condension system boiler with new Megaflo (or similar)

Option 2: use single 38KW Worcester Greenstar combi boiler. Will I need 42KW?

38KW is £1400 and flow rate of 16.4 Ltr while 42KW is £1600 with 17.1 flow rate. £200 for less than 1 liter per min seems much.

Glow-worm Energy 35 Store offers a claimed 20 ltr floor rate for circa £1400

thanks

Combi won't run two showers at once

If you want to run two showers at once

Heat only boiler and an unvented with an accumulator

Option 3 Get 250l unvented cylinder 25lpm for 500 quid and a new system boiler ideal vogue 18 or 24kw 900 quid (10 year warranty) plus cylinder 25

As already mentioned, a combi boiler won't run 2 mixer showers well in the middle of Winter. If the existing boiler works fine then spend the money on an unvented cylinder.

Also, it's very important to measure water mains dynamic pressure as well. 3 bars of pressure is great as is approx. 50 litres per minute, however if the 3 bars is coming down a lead pipe with a tiny internal diameter, pressure will drop off very quickly when two taps are open at the same time. This will manifest itself with 2 poor performing showers when the unvented cylinder is installed. It's definitely worth having this properly tested before taking the plunge installing one!

Definitely not a combi. Like the above have said a combi will not power a bath and a shower or 2 showers at the same time. It frustrates me that engineers are still quoting for combi's in large houses or houses with a high hot water demand. These are the engineers that never go back to boilers that they fit once they break. But hay ho. It keeps me busy I suppose.:p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented vs 38KW worcester 38kw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock