Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented tank install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I’ve recently had a new central heating system installed which I’m happy with. The only concern I have is that the unvented tank has been installed sitting on a pallet.

The plumber told me he did this because it needed to be installed onto a flat surface. The surface wasn’t flat because he had removed a brick platform the old boiler stood on to make space for the tank

Here is a link to a picture. Should I be concerned?
8 E29 DEEE 3819 40 EA BB69 F05 BDC4 D8074

Aslong as it can take the weight it should be fine

Did the Chuckle Brothers come up with that Idea?

Non reuseable Pallets are usually made of the lowest grade timber.

In a word yes , should be stood on some ply of roughy 25/30 mm at least that is what I would do .

Is there anything else under the excuse of a pallet between the two end battons ?

Got any more pictures of the full install. Looking for combi valve on cold water feed.
D2 not too regs either.
That pallet wants getting shot of.

Plumber should have made a decent base made of plywood with perhaps a few pieces of 4x2" timber below, all screwed together.
If the floor is all solid I would consider bedding a paving slab level in sand and cement and then timber on top.

Got any more pictures of the full install. Looking for combi valve on cold water feed.
D2 not too regs either.
That pallet wants getting shot of.

Between the boiler (left) and the two pipes

In a word yes , should be stood on some ply of roughy 25/30 mm at least that is what I would do .

Is there anything else under the excuse of a pallet between the two end battons ?

One side is on the tiled floor. The other side looks like it has another bit of wood under it. Pictures:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

News to me, but no still didn't need to be bent so close to tundish as no reason for it

:D because it goes into a pump just seen the other pics lol

Op defo not right

One side is on the tiled floor. The other side looks like it has another bit of wood under it. Pictures:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Sorry mate its pretty amateurish, I darnt look at the other things the guys are commenting on

Like to see the details on the pump. Looks like a condensate pump. Doesn't look rated for 95 degree water.

defo wrong pump / not designed for it

Condense pump & discharge pipe probably melt as not rated for high temperature water.

Who suggested the install of this to be suitable for a basement without drainage?

Who suggested the install of this to be suitable for a basement without drainage?
The plumber/engineer suggested it. We had a combi that we wanted replacing and he said it was the best option given the number of bathrooms

What sort of pump should it have? I can’t have my basement room filled with boiling hot water.

The last one I did in a basement had a galvanised tank with a submersible pump rated for 95 degree water.

Pump house unvented pump

Thanks for the advice. The other pipe going into the pump is the combined combined prv and condensate pipe from the viessmann system boiler is this correct?

Yes that is correct and the pump can't even handle that

Yep

The installer is right to suggest the Combi was unsuitable in your scenario although the location of the cylinder remains a bad choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented tank install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock