Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented Expansion Vessel Replacement - what else needs changing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Potable water unvented expansion vessel needs replacing - water is coming
down the tundish.
What else needs to be replaced.
Does the enginneer need a G3 unvented certificate to do this work
and what are the consequences if he does not have one

You should have a Benchmark service record or equivalent Conmmisioning Cert service record, call your home insurance company and see what they say.

The consequence could be imploding your cylinder and flooding your house if you don't know how to safely isolate and drain the cylinder to change the expansion

If you don't fit the right thing or do it wrongly or don't know how to check its working properly then you may blow your cylinder up and potentially the top floor of your house.

If your budget is less than the cost of a qualified engineer to fix it and you value yours and your families life I would advise you resort to boiling the kettle and bathing with a bucket and a sponge.

Reply to Unvented Expansion Vessel Replacement - what else needs changing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock