Search the forum,

Discuss unvented cylinder tepid hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris Pugh

HI Guys i had a unvented cylinder fitted onto my existing system boiler some years. The guy that fitted it didnt install an expansion vessel he just left the F+E tank in the loft. so we just have mains pressure hot water while the central heating is an open system. Anyway a month ago hot water two way port valve on cylinder didnt work. so ive changed the valve head and it seemed to sort it. recently ive only got tepid water from hot tap. two way valve opens when i demand hot water. pump seems to kick in just fine. so im at a loss why the water isnt that hot. checked the temp setting on cylinder and when i turn temp down . valve shuts and pumps stops so can i assume the stat is working properly. Is there anything else i can check before i call in the experts!!. im a bit worried the could be a crack in the coil of the cylinder??? but then im thinking the incoming mains water would make the F+E tank overfill. could it be a faulty stat?? but when i adjust the temp lower the pump etc switches off. So it seems its working. was thinking its the boiler but when i switch the heating on boiler fires up and stays on unlike the hot water where the boiler fires up and stays on for 5 mines then turns off. Im away for a week tomorrow so my daughter will have to cope i suppose but im clueless what to look for. Suppose ill call an engieer out when i get back but its bugging the hell out of me.. anyone got any ideas!!! i must be missing something obvious!!!. be gentle with your replies..lol

As it's an unvented system (cylinder) you need to be G3 to work on them

Best advice I could give is get a local G3 engy out to have a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to unvented cylinder tepid hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to change my shower mixer and I have a unvented hot water cylinder. Is it sufficient to turn off the mains? Do I need to drain the cylinder? Thanks
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my 20-year-old unvented cylinder (an Ariston Classico HE STD 150) 5 days ago and I hadn't noticed that it was leaking. He fixed the leak today but now the...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only (rads are electric). In the 5 years that I’ve lived at this property, I’ve never once turned the boiler off; however, with soaring energy prices, I’m...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock