Search the forum,

Discuss UNVENTED CYLINDER & LOG BURNER in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Everyone,

had a customer enquire about installing twin coil unvented cylinder with log burner supplying one coil to make use of heat from burner.

I have seen some threads where people say this can be done but would have to be indirectly supplied from thermal store with open vented heating.

I am just reading through my G3 book and have contacted cylinder manufacture and waiting for reply.

But was just wondering what other peoples faults/ experiences are and also if anyone could send me to good site with diagram or could draw me out a diagram how you would plumb a system this way so i can get a better understanding.

All help much appreciated

thanks simon browsing now, may have to read it when i am bit more awake though as bit to take in

cant put the log burner direct to the unvented cylinder (need a h2 system or a thermal store)

thanks everyone thanks for info, was pretty sure that was the case. never knew about the H2 panel though, always learning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to UNVENTED CYLINDER & LOG BURNER in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
What would be the heating time for this (indirect) vented cylinder? Rated coil = 14kw Is it 96 litres x 4.2 specific weight x 40 (dT) ? How do I calculate the heating requirement of the boiler to heat this cylinder. Secondly, they are simpler to install as opposed to unvented type but what are...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Hi guys, I have a question regarding converting an open vent system (copper cylinder) to pressurized, reason being not enough drop from the loft to power a shower, while i know the common advice is to buy a special unvented cylinder I can see no reason why an unvented copper cylinder cannot be...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock