Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented cylinder guarantee. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch out for this one, haven't resolved yet. Put in unvented cylinder for customer who wanted long 25 year guarantee. Cylinder installed as vented as they were willing to pay the extra. 2 years on cylinder develops a leak and customer told by manufactures there is no guarantee as cylinder is designed to be unvented. Any thoughts?

Manufacturer would need to explain why their unvented cylinder could be in any harsher use when used as a vented cylinder. Loop hole comes to mind

May I ask why you didn't use a stainless steel vented cylinder ? Have the same warrenty if made out of grade 1 or 2 copper

And unless the manufacturer said it could be used vented, will class it as not fit for purpose

So i am finding out, stainless steel carried 10 yr guarantee, not 25. Will just have to take the hit and replace cylinder. Lesson learnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented cylinder guarantee. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock