Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented composite valve (reliance) query? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. I seen an install today of a direct unvented cylinder which looked odd and just wanted some advice on it please. On a composite valve am I right in thinking, there’s a 22mm cold inlet, 2 balanced cold outlets and a prv??

expansion vessel port normally after the balanced

I thought that was the case but I’m being assured that the 22mm connection on the side can be used for a balanced cold as well as a balanced cold out the bottom of the valve??

it could be but no scv in the end so would require one

That’s the set up guys!

89283EED-4D92-41DA-95E6-60C6DD040CEB.png

I thought that was the case but I’m being assured that the 22mm connection on the side can be used for a balanced cold as well as a balanced cold out the bottom of the valve??
Balanced cold only any good before the check valve, if you blow back through the valve (opposite direction of flow) the port your getting air through is for the expansion vessel and the other will be for balanced cold
upload_2018-8-9_22-15-24.png

upload_2018-8-9_22-15-24.jpeg

Single check valve ??

Yea else hot water could flow backwards

Pressure reducing valve
Balanced take off with internal check valve
Balanced take off
Single check valve
Pressure relief valve

Would have to go like that so separate prv and relief valve needed

Reply to Unvented composite valve (reliance) query? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock