Search the forum,

Discuss Unsafe situations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, its At Risk. There is the potential for it to be unsafe but as it is non operational it cant possibly be ID unless leaking gas.

Or it's spontaneously combusting with insufficient ventilation .

Once asked to divert flue from furnace through offices as a means of heating them....... Needless to say Im still ÂŁ59 better off and they are all cold, stone cold in a box

Yeah but that's not what we are discussing. The FFD could be perfectly fine, and there has been no mention of it being faulty. If all the safety devices test ok then it is not ID. There is no immediate danger. The PCB controls a lot of things, just because one part of it is failing it doesn't mean its all knackered. The correct classification would be AR.

Granted, what we were talking about was weather it was if the boiler is ID. Truth is we don't know! Your man who,s been out to it didn't test it. The original question was "is this over the top"

answer= if ffd,s compromised, yes

ffd,s ok= no.

If I'm unable to test the boiler, then I at risk it, until I get it back up and running and then confirm safety devices, FGA, burner pressures/gas rate are all good.

I think even if you test all safety devices and everything is fine, then you still need to AR. You can't say the appliance is safe as you don't know what may happen when you leave.

Yes I understand this is the same as every visit to a boiler, but can you imagine if something bad happened to customer.

'So you knew boiler was faulty and left it on?'

'Well I checked safety devices and did all necessary checks and it was safe.'

'How can it be 100% safe if it's got a faulty component?'

For the sake of an AR paper, it's all done.

So what if you visit a boiler with intermittent lockout.

All of your component tests are fine, your safety checks are perfect, you suspect a very intermittent fault on a PCB locking it out once or twice a month.

You would really isolate this appliance and AR it? It's not just an "AR paper" it's telling the customer their appliance is unsafe and will be turned off unless they refuse permission, however in doing so they could be contravening the GSIUR, and you will be making a written report stating clearly that the customer has refused for their appliance to be made safe.

When AR is described to a customer as it's supposed to be, it becomes much more than issuing a warning notice and telling your customer you're just leaving a bit of paper to cover your backside.

If you know the boiler is dangerous as per regs/unsafe-sits then ID.
If you suspect the boiler MAY be unsafe dangerous then AR as per above.
If boiler just not working as it should be then it is just that!

Just located this in my van. By no stretch of the imagination is this right.

ejyzu5eh.jpg

AR for a fused spur? NCS? I've ID a boiler for no thermostat and trvs ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this thread for real?

it sounds like paranoia is a big issue for gas engineers. At risk is for faults found that may cause a harm at some point, not faults that you've imagine may exist but are unable to find?

Some people choose to leave their heating on 247, does that mean we should A.R or I.D them and slap a sticker over their mouths?

As long as all the safety controls are fine then what's the problem?

The system is broken imho if anything is broken damaged not operating or not to current regulations it should be off till it meets the regs regardless of how trivial. As far as classifying the inability to turn the heating off on the boilers own control switch depends on whether or not you consider the boilers controls and there function a safety feature. Given that if needed the boiler should be capable of being issolated from the mains at a fused spur probably not a big deal assuming as others havw said it is not presenting a dangerous situation and the other safety features are operable.

The op,s question was is this over kill. Probably yes, but it could be justified quite easily. Specially if you have highly payed lawyers in place, like I'll bet bg have.

E.on have nothing to do with Help Link, I used to work for them

Well they do now. E-on calls and gas business going through help link call centres and help link doing work? How do I know neighbour works as jnr manager at help link admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unsafe situations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock