Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Unknown Valve...Its a mystery! Expertise required! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Kate0406

Kate0406 New Member

So my shower valve is apparently " letting by" cold water making all the water in my house luke warm. My plumbing friend has wedged it so that I can now get hot water everywhere (except in my shower). I need a new valve but it was installed 7 years ago and I have no record of where the shower was bought from. Attached are photos another plumber took to try and source the valve but has had no luck...can anyone help or will I have to replace the entire shower (and re-tile the whole wall) as I have been advised...photos attached. Help will be much appreciated x

20170104_185812.jpg

20170104_185751.jpg

20170104_185950.jpg

20170104_190000.jpg

2. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

It's possible you could get that long stemmed valve (looks to be just a quarter turn valve like the ones in taps) from tap magician.
    Have you tried shower doc, if they can't identify it, you're probably not getting a part.
    Those guys do this day in day out and have years of experience identifying showers/valves. They're much better equipped to identify it than us.
    You might get lucky though, a fellow plumber on here may have experience of that particular shower.

3. Kate0406

Kate0406 New Member

Thanks...I'll try both x

4. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. deg

deg Member

A non return valve on the hot would save you a lot of base if you.can access the pipework somewhere

6. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!