Search the forum,

Discuss Uniflo Flush/ Saniflo/ macerator engineer on South East London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nisnooz

moved into a new place and the loft conversion has a uniflo flush macerator linked to shower, sink, and toilet. it's broken... it does not start at all if you run water in the basin or the shower and if you flush the toilet, it might work one in 4 times.

I had a saniflo plumber in:
a) he didn't seem to know anything so suggested a new unit altogether
b) wants to charge £700

Can you recommend a reliable and trsutworthy macerator engineer in S.E. London who might give an accurate assessment and advice on how to proceed? This is urgent, any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.
Saniflo people tend only to know Saniflo`s, show them another make and they haven`t got an idea where to start. At £700 he probably quoted you for either the Sanipro or the Saniplus with a few alterations to the pipes. If money is tight the cheapest option is to look on the web where new Uniflo`s can be brought for around £165 then it`s just a like for like swop over.
Downside is as far as I know Uniflo don`t have a network of service / repair people and at half the price of a Saniflo they will generally last half as long.

I just looked at the Uniflo website.

It doesn't fill me with confidence that I am dealing with a company of substance

uniflowebpage.jpg

Very small company Ray, they just buy dirt cheap from abroad and sell on, little or no backup and their pumps are copies of copies of copies............... like so many available to the public now.

I knew it wouldn't be long before I was quoting Ruskin again.

JohnRuskin said:
“There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.”

Sometimes I really feel for customers when their man (can`t use the P word or I`d get banned) tells them its a £500 Sani or Grundfos being installed when it`s really a £150 copy.

A few years back an overseas manufacture was importing a copy of a well known pump and had the cheek to put the details of the offical manufactures UK agent in the box for any warranty claims, poor guy nearly went to the wall with so many unpaid call outs.

Thank you, rpm!
You know we were lied to (won't mince my words) as the previous owners told us it was a saniflo installed.. it was only when I got the plumbers in and looked at it myself that I realised it was a uniflo (one of the plumbers didn't even pick up on that fact it wasn't a saniflo!)
Can you recommend a reliable saniflo engineer for South East London?
I don't want to opt for the cheaper knock-off but a quote of £700 is steep (a Sanipro XR costs about £335 to £400 online) but key for me is knowledge, an engineer who knows what they are talking about and can give an honest suggestion.

It`s not uncommon for the house owner to think they have a Saniflo installed to be honest. Guess you have two choices. A) Ring Saniflo 08457 650011 from the house landline to be connected to your local engineer and ask him for a quote but some will not install a pump purchased by the house owner. B) Go to "Looking for a plumber" section in this forum as I know some of the guys are happy to install them and the amount of pipe alteration required should be minimal.

Also look at the 10 Golden Rules & the installation pages on the sani website and you might get an idea of what is required. Hope that helps and you get it sorted quickly.
Don`t forget to register it for the 2yr warranty cover.

PS.
If you do have a sani installed PM me and I`ll tell you how to look after it and save £`s on service charges as you live in a hard water area.

Just here to learn and to help people (including you my friend) :devil2:

I've had had to work on Sanis probably under a dozen times. Have got the problem fixed each time more by blind luck than anything else it's excellent to have a genius in the field

Thanks for the kind words but genius no! Just an old git who didn`t realise it was time to move on until it was too late. At the end of the day there`s only 3 areas within a macerator to look for the problem. lol

thanks RPM... (as an on-the-side, the previous owners had a building and renov company... they knew what they were doing installing a Uniflo but telling us Saniflo, they simply did it on the cheap knowing they will be selling)

I have indeed contacted a saniflo engineer, I will keep you posted. I have also posted on the forum to find a plumber but no one seem to have answered yet

That happens a lot as well I`m afraid but sorry it happened to you. There are pumps out there whose name begin Sani....... but they are not made by Saniflo which is down right deceitful.

I did send a PM to one forum member who operates in your area so he might be in touch soon and if you PM me the name of the company you have contacted I might be able to tell you a little bit about them.

Trouble is, the term has become generic, like Hoover or Velux.

Its the curse of successful marketing - you make your brand name synonymous with a whole product sector - which is the holy grail of marketers, but the downside is that other manufacturers get a free ride.

Hi all, I have still not found any solution to my woes...
It looks like a regular plumber who's seen Saniflos before is willing to install one for us against £150 or thereabouts... Sanipro costs £465 online - do you think I'm being reckless by not hiring a Sabiflo approved? they want £250 + VAT for the job...

Also, I have another problem which is the other toilet,,, it is connected to the main sewers, brand new, cistern working, flush mechanism working, water pressure in the toilet bowl very good, major problem: #2 and toilet paper do not flush! We need to flush about 3 times to clear the bowl.
Plumbers are coming around and scratching their heads.. today someone proposed ripping out the wall (fully integrated toilet) and replacing everything from scratch....
I'm in despair...anyone has thoughts on what it might be?

What was the outcome of this?

not much, Mutley is a South West man so we're too far a job for him
had more plumbers... no one knows... all recommending installing a brand new saniflo (rather than cheaper options such as uniflo)

no worries, rpm.
fyi - new sanipro just installed but weirdly it doesn't make a noise in a stint like its predecessor... it goes off for 3 seconds at a time... we just ran the shower a bit, the sink and flushed, the water is not building up but I'm slightly worried as the plumber was flushed installing the unit...he was going back to instructions every few minutes - is this simply the newer generation sanipros? they go off in very short "kicks" rather than one longer go?

Last edited by a moderator:
They can depending on how close the pump is to the toilet. If you have doubts then.....
Switch the power off > Flush toilet and wait for 6 seconds > Power on and the sani will probably run once & stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Uniflo Flush/ Saniflo/ macerator engineer on South East London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock