Search the forum,

Discuss Understanding hot water issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son has just bought a house with an indirect cylinder. The valve is a Myson MPE 222.

With the controller set to OFF (both heating and hot water) the valve remains lit up and the boiler is firing.

Surely this must be a fault in a system that was described by the vendor as fully working? If so is the fault likely to be in the valve, the wiring or the controller?

One of them is faulty and providing live back to boiler. Testers out to confirm.

Sounds like the actuator nact , quick easy job on those .

That's good to hear but I wouldn't want to replace it if the fault lies in the wiring or controller. I don't understand is how power is reaching the valve at all, if it is switched off at the controller?

There a permanent live to the microswitch

IMG_1417.GIF

..I don't understand is how power is reaching the valve at all, if it is switched off at the controller?

It's a bit like car wipers needing "Parking Power" to get back to their rest position , when you just turn them off !

System fully working ,but does it have a Magnetic filter to keep it clean ?

Thank you ShaunCorbs. That's a very instructive diagram. So if the valve was somehow stuck in the on position, that would make the connection between the grey/live coming from the controller and the orange supplying live to the boiler & pump.
Does the LED on the valve signify:
1) a live connection on the main motor between blue neutral & brown via thermostat
or
2) a live connection on the microswitch, which would normally be because of the above, but could also be because the microswitch has got stuck ?

The former suggests incorrect wiring or a faulty live coming from the controller. The latter suggests a faulty valve.

Led light just means power is to the actuator motor I believe.

i would say 2 but the 2 port always has power even when the controller isnt callling

Common fault on motorized valves. The valve stuck can keep the micro switch in contact so i would screw the actuator off and make sure the valve moves freely, you should be able to turn it with your fingers. But as said above the actuator will need replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Understanding hot water issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call for heat. If this is not the case. Can the divertor valve be the cause of the issue?
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some days/ weeks it’s fine and works fine all of the time but on the odd occasion it’s been running cold in the following sequence. It fires up the boiler...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I have an issue with our shower's hot water. The shower is operated using two separate taps for cold and hot water. When the hot water tap is turned on, no water at all comes from the shower head - not even a drizzle. However, when the cold water is turned on it flows freely. The hot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock